Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

SC Johnson HQ and Lab

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: SC Johnson HQ and Lab Reply with quote

We visited yesterday. Having been unable to work out the timing these past 25 years, it was a real pleasure.

My son's comments (15 yo) ...

What he got really right, he got very right! Examples were the entrance/"car port", the main work space, and the lab spaces.

But he was so stubborn (egotistical?) that he got so very important things very wrong. Examples were the ceiling in the main work space (leaking) and the stair case in the lab (why so tediously small ... the elevator was marginal ... driving people to use the stairs ... we speculated).

To an aspiring engineer (my son), FLW is both inspirational (genius, yes) and a cautionary tale (arrogant to the point of blindness, probably).
SDR

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha. A blossoming realist, able to separate the two sides of Wright's persona -- and the good from the questionable. Shake his hand for me, please . . .

S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: