eBay: Various FLW blueprints/plans for sale

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

I sent an email to Roland, just in case he, or anyone he knows, might be interested. I would be most interested in Pew and Rebhuhn, but am not eager to drop $1,100 or $1,800 respectively on them. The unbuilt Rebhuhn Project would be especially interesting.

SDR

Post by SDR »

The Usonia II jobs are early along in the design process, in the offered drawing sets, judging by the naming of the locale as "Mt Pleasant" rather than the later and more correct "Pleasantville." Curiously,
growing up in Westchester, I often heard of Pleasantville -- one of our football team's rivals -- but never of Mt Pleasant. Both names appear on various drawings and letters in Roland Reisley's book . . .

Likewise, the first sheet in the Pew collection, a blue-line rather that a blueprint, shows the house in its early version, the masonry being brick rather than stone. The treatment of the stair is interesting.

The site plan is the revised version of the Usonia Homes layout: "CIRCLES ENLARGED FROM 200- TO 217-FOOT DIAMETER -- A 'BUILDER'S ACRE.' " according to Reisley's caption.

I have recorded via screen grabs the Rebhuhn set. Most interesting . . .

SDR

HOJO

Post by HOJO »

Click on the blueprints to enlarge them (1600x1066 pix), to save them if you want.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Thanks -- that's what I did, once I'd discovered (by accident) how it works . . .

Here are the Rebhuhn (1952) and Fuller (1950) cottage entries in Taschen III:

all images © 2009 by TASCHEN GmbH and by the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

According to Roland Reisley, these are duplicates of materials f"in the Henken archive at OA+D being sold to acquire other material."

PrairieMod

Post by PrairieMod »

One slight correction:

These particular plans on eBay are privately owned, not OA+D's