Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Olmsted archival Resource - Amazing stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Olmsted archival Resource - Amazing stuff Reply with quote

I don't know how many of you are Olmsted fans... Even if you aren't, you might really enjoy the access to their archival gems....

Granted, with such a huge body of work and files, it's hard to navigate. But I've found a particularly effective way to do so:

I start here, by finding projects on the map. (You might be surprised with how many Olmsted projects are near you):
http://www.olmstedonline.org/Job/ExploreMap?jobName=&location=&jobNumber=&jobType=
Zoom in and scroll around on the map, and click the green dots to be given the project number.

Then use this link to find your project:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/olmsted_archives/albums/page1
(NOTE: It's much faster to manually change the page number in the URL then to scroll through dozens of pages to get to your project)

I'm particularly fond of the presentation drawings/plans, and the works-in-progress photography.... Hope some of you enjoy this as much as I do.
SDR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jay. The local PBS station recently re-ran a documentary on the Olmstead story. Heart-warming is the saga of the work, and the long-lived and salutary results of that work . . .

SDR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: