Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Coonley Main House for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Ringstrom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Coonley Main House for sale Reply with quote

https://www.savewright.org/news/prairie-masterwork-seeks-new-owners/?utm_campaign=Wright%2BSociety&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Wright_Society_104
pharding

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Dean. He was an extremely bright, great man and great FLW Homeowner. Over the course of restoring the Davenport House, I occasionally consulted with Dean to learn more about his Coonley Mansion and its restoration. He was always extremely generous with his time and expertise. With his scientific approach, he did a magnificent job with the restoration of the Coonley Mansion, truly one of FLW's greatest works.
SDR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember when we first saw this video, but it certainly wasn't as long ago as 2010, when it was posted to YouTube . . .

It was my introduction to the colors, and the lighting, of the Coonley interiors. The wall-washers above the Niedecken murals caught my eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCviO2oNa0Y

The new material tells us that those murals were able to be recreated using perspective-correcting software applied to photos of the lost murals. Hurrah . . .

SDR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: