Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

FLLW and the hidden mafia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eve Lloyd Wright

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject: FLLW and the hidden mafia Reply with quote

Cultures go through changes, as do the societies that birth them, and vice-versa. When a culture has turned upon itself and constructed its own destruction --- has turned upon the greatest it ever produced, and with its sharpest weapons, then that culture and society must be called into question, as well as its methods, its habits, its psychoses, and its rampant penchant for violence.

Taliesin was alive, once. Its dead structure (of life) now slumbers in some realm unknown. It spirit is only alive in those who never sold it to one mafia or another ---- who never compromised it. That it has managed to stay intact physically is a testament to those who patch up its holes and cracks; who repair its fissures that can be seen; those who sealed its secrets --- and those that are mostly secret --- many years ago within cement walls, as the cremated ashes of my grandparents are sealed within a specific pillar on the grounds of Taliesin West.

Its enduring popularity among those who always loved my grandfather's work and come to it now, anew, also keep it partially alive, but its soul left its body long ago. Maybe the fire in the Pavilion at Taliesin West, in 1966, that we watched from the patio of the Sun Cottage; flames billowing and rushing through the steel skeleton ---- was simply a precursor to other, hidden fires that were to devour, in this century, its true life and spirit, and to attempt to bury FLLW and OLLW's descendants, alive.

The dead should "bury the dead".

Indeed.

I think that if Christ were to awake, suddenly, in a human body, and to find Himself among the detritus of the "post-modern Age", that He might be found walking through the empty corridors of our house at Taliesin in Wisconsin, and even sitting at the "blacktop", as the table where we dined was called, in the Living Room (called, often, "the most beautiful room in the world") of the House of my family. It might have been that even He would have been nostalgic for a life that is now pulverized: first by its own, and then by other enemies; perhaps because that a great deal of that way of life was constructed on the basis of His own teachings, at least as long as my grandmother, OLLW, was on Earth.

Would He find anything worth eating, drinking, or enjoying, within that vast emptiness and silence? Would they also treat Him as an impostor, as they have treated me and my Mother, Iovanna, for more than a decade? Would they tell Him to get out; would they manhandle Him, as they did to me, in February of 2016? Would they, the new Pharisees, accuse Him now as they did then, of all kinds of lies, and strap new and unbearable burdens to His shoulders, that they have neither the stamina nor the endurance to bear themselves?

I doubt that He would find any life worth living ---- either there, in our home at Taliesin in Wisconsin, nor under the roofs of Taliesin West, and within its walls of cement mixed with volcanic stone, culled from the surrounding desert, that are again vulnerable to fire: this time by the vast betrayal of those who should have protected it, and us.

No one can or will resurrect Taliesin; it is gone. When I was last there two years ago, the ancient boulders covered with petroglyphs that I used to play on when I was a child ---- outside of the "Little Kitchen" and the "Swan Cove", where Grandmother and I spoke way into the night ---- had lost a glint of light in the seams of their contours, as if stunned by the ravaging of the ones who now move among those structures, and their fatal, invisible swords.

"Let the dead bury their dead."

Eve Lloyd Wright
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Eve.
I think your post opens up a space and gives the forum members permission to
range into topics that have been discouraged so far.

I, as one member voice, support it.
We should be able to handle contentious issues in this forum.
Handling contentious issues were, after all, a fundamental part of Wright's life
... ultimately, in my judgement, not isolated from his work.

I need to read through your post carefully
before responding more directly.
Glad you appeared.
Warning: one needs thick skin to hang out here.
and members of famous families always carry unusual burdens.
SDR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom may have missed Miss Wright's previous posts ?

http://wrightchat.savewright.org/viewtopic.php?t=10913

SDR
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely
Thanks for the link.

Strange: This week has been full of my missing the mark

Last edited by Tom on Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so does Eve first appear here in March 2018?
I missed that thread.
Went back and read through it.
Unfortunately I find that all of what she says fits my mood of the last 10 years.
I realize for a person such as Eve I am probably waking up kinda late although I've been harboring darker premonitions for sometime.

Reminds me of the story in the Gospels.
Jesus is in the Temple with a colleague. They leave and once outside as Jerusalem spreads out beneath them the young man says,
"Master, look at all this incredible architecture."
Jesus replies, "You see all this incredible architecture? Not one stone will be left upon another. All will be thrown down."

I resented this in younger days.
Now it grows more sharp even sharper.
...the separation between image and reality
owenCollins

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand how someone who lived at Taliesin would say that it is gone. The spark and life in a community is a incredibly delicate thing. And is hard to truly understand for people that were not there.

I can only assume that the nature of the Taliesin community changed irrevocably after the passing of the central figures. And it will change again once the last of the Taliesin Fellows that have known Mr. Wright & Mrs. Wright have left us.

Everyone in a group sees the group from a different point of view. So I am not surprised if the staff at Taliesin & Taliesin West, when trying to maintain qualities they thought it had, end up creating an entirely different place than you remember.
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no inside experience of the Taliesin's whatsoever.
That is probably why I interpret Eve's lament in a broader context
(...and the way this week has gone, I may be wrong to do so...)
And yet, I am sure that the Taliesin's, in order to survive, have been forced to adapt to the logic of our broader social and economic systems.
It's the failure of these systems, their mis-direction, that I see as the object of Eve's lament.
Emotionally speaking I think her language is on target.

...by the way. It sounds as if Eve may know the location of her Grandparent's ashes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: