Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Roy M. Johnson home for sale
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francois

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: I will try to compile a list of his work. Reply with quote

I will try to compile a list a Roy S. Johnson (1916-1992). They are very elegant. Any addresses would be appreciated. I'll start with the list on vermontmodern. Some folk might not want their home address posted here. so just let me know.

I live in one of his houses. Mine is in Rye Brook. 424 N. Ridge Street. My wife wants to make some changes. I'm a little concerned about preserving the architect's intention and would like to see what else he has done.
SDR

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.vermontmodern.com/Home/architects-designers/roy-s-johnson

https://www.pinterest.com/ezrahomann/interior-roy-johnson-architect/

Rye Brook, New York ?

SDR
SDR

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tinyurl.com/z8dblaz

http://architectureforsale.com/address/1040/
fitzjohnson

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:43 am    Post subject: Roy Sigvard Johnson, AIA Reply with quote

I’m one of Roy Johnson’s daughters. He was NOT a FLW apprentice, except in spirit (and lifestyle.) He did work with Edward Durrell Stone in NYC before launching his own practice.
DavidC

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello - and welcome to the Forum. Thank you for letting us know a bit more about your father. I have changed the title of this thread to reflect that he was not an apprentice. If you'd care to share more about him - his life and work - I'm certain we'd all enjoy learning about him.

David
fitzjohnson

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, David. I wouldn’t know where to start, but iMd be happy to answer questions.
DavidC

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did your father come about his interest in architecture? What years was he in practice? How and when did the Wright influence come about for him? Where are most of his works located? Did he have a mostly residential practice? Did his design esthetic change over time?

David
fitzjohnson

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Roy Sigvard Johnson — 21 Acres, Ardsley, New York Reply with quote

David, how do I insert attachments here? I have a 1952 article from Progressive Architecture that might interest you.[img][/img][img][/img]
SDR

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Images will appear on the thread if they are "hosted" elsewhere online. Images are uploaded to one of the available Web hosts, where they are
assigned a URL -- a Web address. That URL is placed here between the [img] bookends, to appear in the thread.

If you haven't gone through that process, you might consider an expedient: you may lend me your images, and I will post them by that process,
something I do almost every day. My email address is linked below with a button.

In any event, I look forward to seeing what you have to show !

SDR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: