Article: Architecture’s rekindled love affair with brick

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.

SDR

Post by SDR »

On a scale of 0 to 5, I give this story a 2 on the Wright Chat Wrelevance Wright-O-Meter â„¢

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

SDR wrote:On a scale of 0 to 5, I give this story a 2 on the Wright Chat Wrelevance Wright-O-Meter â„¢
Here's the deal, Stephen. If you are going to chronically 'rate' my efforts on here - you will instantly be putting an end to those efforts.

David

egads

Post by egads »

Here's the deal David, you need to curate just a little.

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Here's the deal, egads. If you believe the things I post are anything ranging from an annoyance to a detriment to the Forum I would suggest one or more of the following:

- first: and foremost, try doing the task yourself.
- second: complain loudly on here - and then even louder to the powers that be at the Conservancy.
- third: suggest that I run each post past you and/or Stephen for clearance.
- fourth: ignore each-and-every one of my posts.
- fifth: take up knitting.

David

SDR

Post by SDR »

David seems to enjoy posting whatever he finds that has the word "Wright" in it. Sometimes these items belong in "Sure, we can call . . .", other times they are uniquely relevant to what we discuss here -- items I'm sure most of us would have missed, in the vast media universe out there.

On the whole, it's a service, and one that no one else seems to have cared to provide. I suggest we leave him to it, and enjoy the benefits that accrue.

Thank you, David. I enjoyed my little jest; I'm sorry that you found it offensive, and I apologize.

SDR

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

We need more 'Davids,' not fewer.

peterm

Post by peterm »

Yes.

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Thank you for the apology, Stephen. It is most certainly accepted and appreciated.

And, thank you both Roderick and Peter.

David