Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Licensed FLW Furniture by Copeland Furniture in WSJ Article

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pharding

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Licensed FLW Furniture by Copeland Furniture in WSJ Article Reply with quote

Last Friday's Wall Street Journal included an article about the International Home Furnishings Trade Show. Copeland Furniture's new FLW line was prominently mentioned. They included a photograph of a Copeland FLW Barrel Chair and FLW Stool/End Table. The furniture looks impressive and well crafted in the small photo. Copeland furniture will be offering some never before commercially available FLW pieces including reproductions of Wright furniture from the FLW Oak Park Home and the Meyer May House. I hope that they are priced semi-reasonably.
Jerry K.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Pricing of Licensed Wright furniture Reply with quote

Just read an article on the recently completed Internataion Home Furnishings Market show in High Point NC. It stated that nearly 25% of the furniture manufacturers introduced "Mission" and "Prairie" style furniture.

It also mentioned Copeland - the new offical FLW Foundation furniture licensee. Some pricing from the article Taliesin barrel chair ($999), the Dana Thomas dining (10-seat table, $5,499; side chair, $899; and arm chair, $1,099), as well as upholstery, occasional tables and a bedroom group. Woods include white oak and solid cherry.

The company said they adapted some fo the original designs to be more saleable to the public.

I did have to laugh at the mention of another manufacturer that named their line of furniture 'Oak Park'. Named after a Frank Lloyd Wright neighborhood in Chicago. Hmmm, Oak Park is a neighborhood in Chicago?
Usonia2000

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually at the High Point show and was impressed with the offerings by Copeland. Very nice. Splendid craftsmanship. Also of note, mixed in with their display of furniture were some other new FLW items. I saw these wonderfully handmade reproduction art prints of the Wasmuth work. I picked up a business card for the company making those and their name is Prairie Arts. I believe someone said they were based near Chicago. Does anyone know more about this company?
therman7g

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Prairie Arts Reply with quote

http://www.prairie-arts.com/
Usonia2000

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Prairie Arts Reply with quote

therman7g wrote:
http://www.prairie-arts.com/

Thank you therman7g. However, I did have their web address from the business card. I wanted to see if anyone has purchased any of their products yet? Or if anyone could tell us about this company.
PrairieMod

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[[error]]

Last edited by PrairieMod on Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:54 am; edited 3 times in total
pharding

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Photos of FLW Copeland Furniture Pieces Reply with quote

The photographs below show protoypes of the new, beautifully crafted, officially licensed Frank Lloyd Wright Furniture by Copeland Furniture. These FLW pieces will be priced less than the comparable Cassina pieces and will include a broader FLW line than Cassina.

Barrel Chair and Robie Table

[/img]

Coonley Table

The Copeland Furniture website has more information. http://www.copelandfurniture.com I was impressed by the quality of their other lines of furniture.
Prairie Arts

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrairieMod wrote:
They are located in the suburbs of Chicago and are a new licensee of the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation making high-end reproductions of the Wasmuth portfolio plates, wall stencils based on Wright design motifs and apparently decorative cut wood screens (their site shows a Dana House sumac screen).

A good friend emailed me to let me know that there was some discussion about our new products here, so I thought I'd join the group and provide a bit of information about Prairie Arts. I do not want to turn this into a commercial or advertisement because I respect what these message boards are here for. However, I'll provided a few details for those interested and anyone may feel free to email questions to info@prairie-arts.com.

We are in fact a new licensee of the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation and we are incredibly excited about our product offerings this spring! As indicated in an earlier posting above, our web address is http://www.prairie-arts.com.

Prairie Arts aims to create products which are of high-quality and wonderful craftsmanship. We take great care to ensure that these items appropriately pay homage to Frank Lloyd Wright's masterful designs and we've worked closely with the group at the Frank Lloyd Wright Archives. Additionally, Prairie Arts is comprised of people who respect and support the work of Mr. Wright every single day. Our appreciation of his legacy inspires the work that we do and I believe that shows in the products we offer.

Thank you so much for your interest.

Bryan Kelly

Prairie Arts - historically inspired arts and crafts for today
Usonia2000

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mr. Kelly. I appreciate the information. Were you at the High Point Show in North Carolina? If so, I'm sorry I missed you. I am a buyer for a large furniture and home decor retailer and would like to talk with you more.
Prairie Arts

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, we were not at the show in High Point, NC. However, Copeland Furniture was kind enough to display some of our Wasmuth reproduction prints in their booth.

Please direct any further questions to info@prairie-arts.com. Thank you again.

Bryan Kelly

Prairie Arts - historically inspired arts and crafts for today

www.prairie-arts.com
Cantilever

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fantastic! It's great to see new Frank Lloyd Wright items, which are well made and as true as possible to Wright's design vision.

I'm also glad to see that there are business owners who respect Frank Lloyd Wright's work, plus are assisting in the preservation and advancement of his legacy.
Hasta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, This is really nice chair and I liked the furniture of FLW, Any one can tell me that could we buy this furniture here in Sydney, Australia? I think delivery is not possible!!!
Unbrook

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Copeland Furniture Reply with quote

It is my understanding that Copeland Furniture no longer offers the Frank Lloyd Wright designs as a part of their collection.
jmcnally

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Copeland Furniture Reply with quote

Unbrook wrote:
It is my understanding that Copeland Furniture no longer offers the Frank Lloyd Wright designs as a part of their collection.

Oh, jeez! I was excited to read this thread from the start and see the photos, not yet realizing the conversation was ten years old!
owenCollins

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish this collection would come back
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: