Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

FLW Monographs for sale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked BBP specifically about Lamberson, and he seemed not to have any answer as to why it was not included. I am certain it was just oversight.

It's good enough for its own tome.
peterm

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just yesterday contacted Margo Stipe to see if I could get an answer directly from Bruce Pfeiffer. I haven't heard back yet. Did you ask him recently, or maybe when the house came up for sale in 2008?

I think some of the archived drawings and correspondences were in disarray. In our archives, drawings and letters from the Levin house were mysteriously included. It seems very likely to me that it was an oversight.
Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The volumes came out helter-skelter, No. 12 first, followed by the rest in no order. It was during that time, just after Volume 7 was released, that I asked him about it during a FLWBC Conference.
peterm

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margo has responded to my query regarding Lamberson. It seems the exclusion of certain designs from the Monographs might forever remain a mystery:

Hello Peter,

Bruce is working his way through some health issues and is not now at Taliesin West. And right now he is also not doing email. I can ask him when I next have the opportunity. I am sure no slight was intended. The house is included in the more recent Frank Lloyd Wright: Complete Work, volume 3, also by Bruce. Published by Taschen.

Kind regards,

Margo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: