MetroShip?! FLW houseboat!?

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
hypnoraygun

MetroShip?! FLW houseboat!?

Post by hypnoraygun »

Hello, I just saw this online. It is kind of interesting? FLW houseboat?

The MetroShip, a 40 foot by 12 foot floating luxury houseboat inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright's architectural heritage, goes into production after overwhelming public support.

http://www.metroshed.com/metroship.html

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/5/prweb381666.htm

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

First, I cannot see anything about the "MetroShip" that has anything to do with Frank Lloyd Wright. They may as well have claimed Leonardo Da Vinci, Julia Child or Paris Hilton the source of inspiration.

Second, it's a pathetic designer who took four years to come up with that design.

hypnoraygun

Post by hypnoraygun »

A Paris Hilton Designed boat? I think you are onto something.

Mark Hertzberg

Post by Mark Hertzberg »

I agree with your assessment. See the "Wright? Wrong!" note a few items below.

Mark Hertzberg
Mark Hertzberg

jrdet10

Post by jrdet10 »

Uh, since FLW's houses were notorious for leaking, I think I'll pass on a houseboat ...
"Well, there you are!"

dayay888

metroship

Post by dayay888 »

i think the designer is on to something here.....houseboats have always looked the same for as long as i can remember. i disagree with the posts here, you can see some vague FLW references in the metroship....the low ceilings, flat roof, grid of windows....if they are cheap enough i would love one! having looked at the website i got the impression it was 4 years to put into production, rather than to design...love those metrosheds as well...

paris hilton houseboat? i'm sure there's a joke here about riding down a river.... :shock: But i'll leave that alone!