Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Lloyd Wright Los Feliz house for sale. $3.1 Million

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypnoraygun

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Lloyd Wright Los Feliz house for sale. $3.1 Million Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but I thought someone may find this interesting. This is a small article about the house, Then at the bottom I found the house listing.

Christina Ricci To Sell Home Built by Frank Lloyd Wright's Son

Christina Ricci is selling off one of Hollywood's most famous homes. The star has decided to move out of her Los Feliz, Los Angeles, home and allow someone else to enjoy the property, which she bought from Diane Keaton.

The home, which is now on the market for $3.1 million, was built in 1928 by renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright's son and was originally owned by silent screen icon Ramon Novarro.

Ricci says, "It is a piece of Los Angeles architectural history, and there is something incredibly magic about the feel of the house and its grounds."

http://losangeles.tvoa.net/address.php?property_ID=442
JimM

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for Lloyd, and what a deal for that location. The only book allowed on the same shelf as Frank and C.R. Mackintosh, the Weintraub effort is a must for anyone interested in original architecture, still eye opening today. I think the photos must be of the Keaton remodel. To be very generous, it was not too bad under the circumstances. The bones did not seem to haven been broken unlike the Snowden rework, that I think was more like a desecration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: