Goetsch-Winckler Usonian house

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

SDR, you're correct, the second Brauner plan shown is the one built.

modjohn

Post by modjohn »

SDR, Thank you for posting the GW plates, but.....

Is there a possibility of getting better quality scans? I cannot read much of the text on the images posted and I am really interested in the details. I am assuming the problem is due to scanning resolution.

This of course is an assumption and would only be a possibility if the original images are of good quality.

Sorry to ask, but what do you think?

Thanks,
John

SDR

Post by SDR »

Right -- I post what I think is not too big for most screens -- I've never posted an image wider than 1200 pixels (12" on my screen) -- and that's stretching it. The original scans are often 50% wider -- or more.

Not all drawings (for instance) are published so that every label is legible. . .

I can e-mail my scans at full size if you like.

SDR

robinjulien

Post by robinjulien »

Can you also sent these full resolution scans to my email ?

robin.julien@student.sintlucas.wenk.be

I have also find some interesting things on another forum about the
torsion problems of the cantilever roof. You are helping everybody it seems.
Could you email me your name so I can add you to my special thanks
of my research ?

Robin

modjohn

Post by modjohn »

SDR,

Sure, please email me the full size scans.

modjohn5523@gmail.com

Thanks

SDR

Post by SDR »

On second thought -- what was I thinking ?

:roll:

SDR

robinjulien

Post by robinjulien »

Hi,

SDR can you sent me your full name to robin-julien@hotmail.com ?
I want to use it for special thanks and the sketchup model you made.
I'm doing a movie with 3D MAX of the house and I want to mention your name as the maker of the model. Otherwise I will use SDR.

Robin

SDR

Post by SDR »

I have made no SketchUp models. I have only displayed the work of others in that medium, as a courtesy. While I do not know who might have made a model of the G-W house, Jeff Myers is the usual suspect here at Wright Chat.

(The talented and industrious Mr Myers, just 20 years old this month, has produced exquisite and presumably accurate models of several Wright Usonian-era houses, as well as numerous structures of his own design. These are usually presented as animated "tours," wherein the gorgeous and revealing linework is discarded, leaving only planes of color. In my opinion, these lovely and informative models should be viewed in their original SketchUp format. . .)

Again, crediting me with a SketchUp model would be an error -- but thanks for your generous intention.

SDR

Jeff Myers

Post by Jeff Myers »

Yes, I did make the model. I also have a huge surprise for all here on the board with my next Animation...

Dobkins has been a wonderful and a 2 month task.
I love Goetsch-Winckler and SDR proudly helped me out with it and gave most of the information and it is proudly built right.
Robin I am proud of your research on this wonderful home.

Jeff
JAT
Jeff T

robinjulien

Post by robinjulien »

Hi,

Sorry for my mistake.
Nice job Jeff with the model. Very accurate.
I will post the new movie and the research on this forum,
so you can see what I did with all the things everybody gave me.

Robin

robinjulien

Post by robinjulien »

I tried to make a model of the structure of the house.
Can anyone tell me if this roof structure is correct ?

Jeff Myers

Post by Jeff Myers »

cool robinjulien....
I like that model allot.
JAT
Jeff T

SDR

Post by SDR »

For roof framing verification, see this recent thread:

http://savewright.org/wright_chat/viewt ... r&start=15

I'm not sure why you show various spacing of structural posts on the entry facade window wall; all drawings show a post at each 4-foot unit line.

SDR

robinjulien

my research

Post by robinjulien »

Hi guys,

As promised i will post all my research on this forum.
I have to hand in a paper for this subject on tuesday, so after that i can post it. I also made a movie and a research bundle. I hope you will like it.

Robin

Wrightgeek

Post by Wrightgeek »

Robin-

Thanks for the update, and we'll look forward to seeing the results of all of your hard work. Good luck with your paper!