Goetsch-Winckler Usonian house

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
robinjulien

Goetsch-Winckler Usonian house

Post by robinjulien »

Hi,

I am a architecture student and I have to make an research of the Goetsch house in Michigan. I live in Belgium which makes it difficult to find information about this interesting house.

I'm looking for the original plans of this house.
I'm also looking who the present owner of the house is and how I can contact this person.

I you have any information about this house or if you know who the owner is please let me know.
Last edited by robinjulien on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff Myers

Post by Jeff Myers »

SDR can fill you in, and few others. I can show the animation I did of The Goetsch-Winckler.
JAT
Jeff T

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

One good place to start is to order the book "Affordable Dreams: The Goetsch-Winkler House and Frank Lloyd Wright". The prices you'll find on eBay and other sites can be outrageous. The best place to find it is the Kresge Art Museum, for $19.95 (I'm assuming that they ship overseas, that is). You could always try and contact them first to find out (here is their contact page).

David

Palli Davis Holubar

Post by Palli Davis Holubar »

Funny how the mail has factored out of our contemporary world. Wright owners in the past always remarked about the amount of mail they would get sent to the house- Goestch-Winkler House, Pope House, etc. Even four years ago, I received mail for the Weltzheimer House at the house.
A question for the present Wright homeowners among us: do you get mail addressed to the ............ House?

Paul Ringstrom

Re: Winckler Goettsch Usonian house

Post by Paul Ringstrom »

robinjulien wrote:How I can contact this person. If you have any information about this house or if you know who the owner is please let me know.
write directly to:
Owner: Goetsch-Winkler House
2410 Hulett Road
Okemos, MI 48864

Palli Davis Holubar

Thanks paul, you fully followed thru....
Last edited by Palli Davis Holubar on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SDR

Post by SDR »

On another thread, Chat member mobius offers his collection of Goetsch-Winckler items:

http://4sure.co.nz/gw/

I had thought to find whatever we had posted here on the house -- I recall plans and other drawings, and many photos -- but a search with "Search" was mostly unsuccessful. . .

SDR

Craig

Post by Craig »

The house is discussed in the book (including plans), The Natural House, written by Wright. Any large college library should have it.
ch

gwdan

Post by gwdan »

Go to the web site thegoetschwincklerhouse.com The site is run by the current owners of the home. You can contact the owners via the site.

Mobius

Post by Mobius »

I have a lot of photos of the GW residence up at http://4sure.co.nz/gw/
How many escape pods are there? "NONE, SIR!" You counted them? "TWICE, SIR!"

*Plotting to take over the world since 1965

SDR

Post by SDR »

. . .as noted four posts above. Thanks for that collection, Mobius !

I've forgotten; do you have plan or other drawings in that gallery ? If not, I can post some of those images from "Affordable Dreams."

SDR

Palli Davis Holubar

There is a good discussion of G-W House on both the Request for Aid in Perf Study thread and the Tracing the Designs of 4 Chairs. Some of these working threads are rich with information but difficult to access!

Jeff Myers

Post by Jeff Myers »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfpk-h00WAI
The model was done with the help of these threads and the help of SDR.
JAT
Jeff T

RA

Post by RA »

Nice job Jeff.

robinjulien

Thanks to everybody for the information

Post by robinjulien »

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU