Florida Southern College to build Wright design

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
D. Shawn Beckwith

Watson-Fine building

Post by D. Shawn Beckwith »

I wanted to inform the Forum regarding some promising news for the on going efforts at Florida Southern.

I had the honor of being one of the six panelists to review the State of Florida Bureau of Historic Preservation small matching grant- in-aid- applications for the 2011 State budget.

The panel ranked the application for the Watson-Fine building number one (1 out of 61) for the 50K match grant in aid. From my view point due to their continued national and international exposure promoting Florida, being an educational facility and continued public awareness to promote heritage tourism to assist the Florida economy prompted my high score.

This is where your help is needed my distinguished colleagues and FLW enthusiasts.

Governor Crist has suggested to fund 250K the FL Senate 650K and the Fl House 0( zero) for the 2011 State budget. It is not a done deal that Historic preservation grant in aid program will continue in Florida unless we inform our representatives that it is a needed line item in the budget. Job Creation, increases education, drives tourism, Florida Southern promotes extremely well. So it is a win-win.

So if your from Florida and participate in this Forum please contact your Fl. Senator and FL House Rep and pitch supporting The Department of State, Bureau of Historic Preservation grant in aid program for Historic Preservation. The State has ceased funding for the Special Category grants for the past two years. The legislature has only funded minimally the Small-matching grants all the while the State wide irreplaceable assets are suffering.

Also the 2 million is for a 1920 Sear Bungalow restoration and the New Usonian per the article in the Chronicle.

http://chronicle.com/blogPost/Florida-S ... sid=pm&utm source=pm&utm medium=en

D. Shawn Beckwith
The Durable Restoration Company
Restoration Project Manager The Burton J. Westcott House
www.DurableRestoration.com
www.Westcotthouse.org