Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Ziegler Residence, Frankfort, Kentucky.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrightgeek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Ziegler Residence, Frankfort, Kentucky. Reply with quote

Does anyone know if tours of this home are still offered?

On the FLW Foundation "Public Sites" webpage, it indicates that "guided tours are available by appointment only" for $4.00/pp. Several other websites that have information on this home mention that it is a private residence and that tours are not available.

I will be in Kentucky this summer, and was wondering if anyone out there has recent knowledge about whether tours of the home's interior are or are not still being offered.

Thanks in advance for any current info you can provide.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Private residence, no tours available. I talked to the owners about 6-7 months ago, and they have lived there for several years. You can see the house well from the street and there is an alley behind the house.

The current owners are also involved in a legal fight with the previous owners over a set of stained glass french doors that were removed from the house when they moved out.

The house is in very good condition, but has been altered in the rear from the original design.

While you're in the area be sure and visit the Woodford Reserve distillery, it's just right down the road.
Wrightgeek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll just have to resign myself to enjoying the exterior.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: