Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

The Mystery of the Joseph Euchtman House

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Beers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: The Mystery of the Joseph Euchtman House Reply with quote

As I read through books about Wright's homes, some of the things I find interesting is the amount of information that ISN'T known about particular Wright homes. One of the most mysterious is the Joseph Euchtman House (1939). Located in a north east neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland, there are a lot of photos of this house out there, but absolutely no information at all about who Joseph Euchtman was and how the home came to be. Google, Yahoo, AltaVista and Wikipedia came up with bupkiss except to say that the house exists, was designed by Wright in 1939.

Do any of you know anything about it?

Here's my page on the Euchtman House.

Thanks!

Pete

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story I heard was the design was not that great. The Euchtman only asked FLW to commission the house because of the odd shape of the lot. Your average house could not logically fit on the lot because of the shape. So, Euchtman asked FLW and he accepted.
Peter Beers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Your average house could not logically fit on the lot because of the shape. So, Euchtman asked FLW and he accepted.

I agree with that. It would be tough to put a normal house on that lot. In my eyes, the design is perfect for a small family or just a couple. The orientation to the sun is perfect and I like the simplicity of it. I'd need an off-site workshop to work on cars, have a wood shop and fix and store bicycles, but I may need that anyways with my 1950s brick rambler. :D

Pete
guestnow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Beers wrote:
[but I may need that anyways with my 1950s brick rambler. :D

Pete

As opposed to a 1950s Nash Rambler?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: