Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Heinz and Storrer guides to Wright sites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hertz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Heinz and Storrer guides to Wright sites Reply with quote

I have posted on the www.wrightinracine.com web site an overview of William Allin Storrer's well-known "The Architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright - A Complete Catalog," and Thomas A. Heinz's new "Frank Lloyd Wright Field Guide." I welcome your participation in the discussion.
rgrant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read your article about Storrer vs Heinz. I have not seen Tom's guide, but the main difference as to use on the road seems to be organization by geography as opposed to chronology. Actually, Storrer does both. In the back of the Storrer guide, everything is listed in zip code order. Can't get much more geographical than that. (I was going to post this on your site, but it asks for a password, which I know I have, but for the life of me I cannot remember. I have too many damn passwords; five just to do my job!)
hertz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Storrer does, indeed, list by Zip Code in back, but you then have to jump back and forth to see the photos and read his text. That makes the body of the book easier to use if you do not feel the need to view in "S-number" order. The only password you should need on the website is type in the three letters and three numbers shown at the bottom of the Comments section. I am not aware of any passwords required, nor should there be any. I will try to post your note from here onto the site for you.

Mark Hertzberg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: The Vision of Frank LLoyd Wright Reply with quote

May I also suggest "The Vision of Frank LLoyd Wright." by Heinz. A fantastic reference to FLW homes with insites into original clients. Color photo's of each property. Would not classify this work as a guide as Heinz chose to leave out specific directions, but does include the city. Still a great addition to any FLW collection.

Pdean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: