Should there be a new social media closed group for Wright?

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
peterm

Re: Should there be a new social media closed group for Wright?

Post by peterm »

Looks like he might leave on his own by Jan. 20th.

Check out time: 12:00 noon. Leave your key at the front desk. Allow time to pay your incidentals.

DRN

Post by DRN »

If the President’s behavior, at the very least over the last six weeks, and certainly his insurrectionist speech yesterday, goes unaddressed or unchallenged, we will set ourselves up for a repeat of this behavior either by this or another leader in the future.

The President’s later statement, which should have had the sole purpose of quelling the violence, defiantly continued his baseless claims and told the rioters that he understood their anger and that he loved them. That is not leadership and that should not get a pass.

BTW, during CBS live coverage yesterday, I observed a small ornate table being passed out of a broken window at the Capitol building. It would appear white supporters of the President are not above looting.

peterm

Post by peterm »

Treasonous cult leader to rioting followers after violent siege of Capitol:
“Go home, we love you, you’re special...”

He also promised them he would walk *with them* to the Capitol. Nothing worse than a lying, cowardly secessionist.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

I shall leave you all to figure out for yourselves the inconsistency of your comments.

One can only imagine what would have happened if Trump had soundly won the election. Just ahead of time, stores across the nation boarded up their windows in preparation for the election results. What happened when Trump lost? Nothing. What would have happened if Trump had won? The cities would have gone up in flames.

By the way, Schumer's call for invoking the 25th amendment will go nowhere, and he knows it. Vice President Pence would be the one to activate it, and that won't happen. So get your "facts" straight before you rail.

What happened at the Capitol was inexcusable, but just a fraction of what happened when the BLM-led protests and their (according to DNR) very small minority raised hell across the country for weeks on end. And what has the response been to that minority? Nothing.

This is fun, isn't it?

M Pipher

Post by M Pipher »

Hello everyone not sure how the the original discussion ( should there be a new social media group for FLlW) got to this point. I am happy to say not only the closed Group is doing well after 2 weeks the open page is also doing very well also.
Thank you everyone that had comments.
If anyone would like to check out the open page or to join the Wright Legacy Group the links are below .

M Pipher

https://www.facebook.com/The-Wright-Leg ... 740677400/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/128477375503418/
Last edited by M Pipher on Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterm

Post by peterm »

The toxicity of social media became a topic related to your initial post. The recent siege and violent insurrection by fanatical Trump cult members upon receiving instructions from their leader via Twitter and Facebook relates to that, doesn’t it? The other topic raised was freedom of expression.

If you choose to solely administer your new Legacy group, you can establish and enforce parameters of your choosing. There are administrators on this site who determine if rules or guidelines are being broken.

Best of luck with your Facebook groups!

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Need it be pointed out, Peter, that it was you who led the subject of this thread into the quagmire?

peterm

Post by peterm »

I’m not ashamed of my posts.
I would be ashamed if I were to remain silent, or even more so, had I repeatedly defended a sociopath by creating false equivalencies.

M Pipher

Post by M Pipher »

peterm

First let me say thank you for you warm wishes of luck with the Wright Legacy Group and the open page. that is connected to it. I truly hope you did not find my original post toxic as it was not meant to be that way. It was nothing more than a blanket question that I asked a few within the Wright community.

"The toxicity of social media became a topic related to your initial post. The recent siege and violent insurrection by fanatical Trump cult members upon receiving instructions from their leader via Twitter and Facebook relates to that, doesn’t it? The other topic raised was freedom of expression.

If you choose to solely administer your new Legacy group, you can establish and enforce parameters of your choosing. There are administrators on this site who determine if rules or guidelines are being broken.

Best of luck with your Facebook groups!"
Please let me be perfectly clear I DO NOT SUPPORT OR DEFEND THE ACTIONS OF ANYONE THAT HAS LEAD THE COUNTRY TO THIS POINT. What happened yesterday is a disgrace!
It is also my belief there is enough garbage out there that we are faced with that current events do not need to enter the Wright Community unless there is a tie to the Art or Architecture. I could be wrong and this is America were everyone has a voice .

Thank You again Best Wishes & a Happy / Healthy New Year
Michael P.

Ps I do not solely administer the Legacy Group but as it's only 2 weeks old it's not ready to have help in that department. If you are interested in helping reach out and let me know. Take care all the best!

peterm

Post by peterm »

Oh. It was a no way my intention to criticize you in any manner! And there was nothing which I found objectionable or “toxic” about any of your post(s).

My beef is only with apologists, defenders and supporters of 45.

peterm

Post by peterm »

Roderick-please provide a reason why you think Trump won’t pardon yesterday’s criminals if he’s allowed to stay in office? After all, he loves them, thanks them for being special, and refers to them as “patriots”. And they love, even worship him, and more importantly, support him financially.

Judging from his past behavior, why in the world would he *not* choose to pardon them?

SDR

Post by SDR »

"As a former copy editor, I always feel I am defending the person whose name is being misspelled, not attacking the person who misspells it." Ronald Alan McCrea (1943-2019)