Louis B. Fredrick House- 1957

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
rosalyndoe

Louis B. Fredrick House- 1957

Post by rosalyndoe »

Per Wright on the Market, this house is sold, When was this house sold? Thanks

MOman2

Re: Louis B. Fredrick House- 1957

Post by MOman2 »

Can you see this house from the road?
From the looks of google maps/earth you cannot
Last edited by MOman2 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SDR

Post by SDR »

"As a former copy editor, I always feel I am defending the person whose name is being misspelled, not attacking the person who misspells it." Ronald Alan McCrea (1943-2019)

MOman2

Post by MOman2 »

sorry is this is a re-post
Can you see this house from the road?
From the looks of google maps/earth you cannot

DRN

Post by DRN »

This house was on a FLWBC tour in the Spring of 2017. It is sited at an elevation considerably above the road with a significant amount of foliage between the house and road rendering it all but hidden from the road. I'd venture a guess that even with leaves off the trees, the house is not visible.
The photos on the linked Wright Chat page and these in Architectural Record are a fair substitute...
https://www.architecturalrecord.com/art ... oyd-wright

SDR

Post by SDR »

Thanks. Competent professional writing (complementing Eifler's more-than-competent restoration, and the clients' superior taste) is always a pleasure to encounter.

S
"As a former copy editor, I always feel I am defending the person whose name is being misspelled, not attacking the person who misspells it." Ronald Alan McCrea (1943-2019)

SDR

Post by SDR »

See DRN, above.

S

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Stephen .... that last one was a spammer.

David

SDR

Post by SDR »

Ah---thanks. I didn't correctly decipher the red question-mark . . .

S

juankbedoya

Post by juankbedoya »

I would love to watch a video of this absolute gem..!!

SDR

Post by SDR »

Maybe one of the digital modelers working on Wright will get around to this one. In the meantime, there are many useful photos and drawings here: http://wrightchat.savewright.org/viewto ... f=2&t=7669

S

juankbedoya

Post by juankbedoya »

SDR wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:15 pm
Maybe one of the digital modelers working on Wright will get around to this one. In the meantime, there are many useful photos and drawings here: http://wrightchat.savewright.org/viewto ... f=2&t=7669

S
Thanks but I have already seen that post. It was nice to see the restoration process. I really love this house, it's so beautiful.!

SDR

Post by SDR »

It is. I don't really get the plan form of the gable ends---a perverse reversal of the projecting-ridge version? Can a practical justification of the choice be identified ?

S

outside in

Post by outside in »

pulling the ridge of the gable inwards allows more light to enter the house at the top of the window wall - its really very effective! I'm not aware of any other house that incorporates this feature.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

This house slipped through the cracks for decades. It's an example of how a FLW house, more or less ignored by "the chattering class," turns out to be splendid when it is finally noticed. Same thing is true about the Arnold Friedman House.