eBay: Journal of Taliesin Fellows - Jack Howe

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
DavidC

eBay: Journal of Taliesin Fellows - Jack Howe

Post by DavidC »

For anyone who may have a special interest in Jack Howe:

JOURNAL OF THE TALIESIN FELLOWS 1998 Frank Lloyd Wright JOHN HENRY HOWE Excellen

David

Roderick Grant

Re: eBay: Journal of Taliesin Fellows - Jack Howe

Post by Roderick Grant »

For some reason, too far back in history to recall, I ended up with 21 copies of that issue. I suppose I should unload them somehow.

SDR

Post by SDR »

You could mail one to each of your pals here at Wright Chat ?

Send me one, and I'll send you one of my multiples, a Bay Area Real Estate Market ® 48-page circular for October 22, 1986 ("Free - Marin County - Since 1973") in which Gloria Berger offered her San Anselmo Usonian for sale. Price: $550,000. Black-and-white cover photo of the house, repeated on page 35 with the listing: "This Frank Lloyd Wright-designed home is situated on a private, sunny, level hilltop features spectacular views of the Marin countryside. Handcrafted by the owner from Sonoma "candy stone," concrete and solid mahogany. This is one of only 5 Frank Lloyd Wright-designed homes in the Bay Area."

(Let's see: San Anselmo, Berkeley, Orinda, Stanford, Atherton, Hillsborough. Maybe Feldman in Berkeley, post-Wright, wasn't in the running ?)

In the same issue, a lovely four-bedroom contemporary in luxurious Tiburon is $329,900; a lease-option 3-bedroom in ritzy Ross is $359,950; a Don Olsen-designed 3-bedroom in Mill Valley is $427, 500; and a 3-bedroom in Belvedere is $495,000. Gloria did not sell her home then; a generation would go by before the house passed from the family. The property is in very good hands . . .

S

JimM

Post by JimM »

Roderick Grant wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:47 pm
For some reason, too far back in history to recall, I ended up with 21 copies of that issue. I suppose I should unload them somehow.
hmmm... when getting mine, I do recall thinking one would do!

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

I worked on the JTF for about a decade, so I sometimes received a bunch of copies, though never quite so many.