JOHN GILLIN RESIDENCE

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
juankbedoya

JOHN GILLIN RESIDENCE

Post by juankbedoya »

Hello...!! I am looking for info about this house in Dallas Texas 1958, the last comission built before Wright's death. I am wonder if you have the floor plan and interior/exterior shots ..!! Thanks for sharing !!

SDR

Post by SDR »

juankbedoya, you can use the Search function (see upper left of page) to find previous discussion of subjects you are interested in.

Be sure to credit illustrations, where known, when you post or publish them . . .

http://wrightchat.savewright.org/viewtopic.php?p=97440

Plan on page two . . .

S

juankbedoya

Post by juankbedoya »

SDR wrote:juankbedoya, you can use the Search function (see upper left of page) to find previous discussion of subjects you are interested in.

Be sure to credit illustrations, where known, when you post or publish them . . .

http://wrightchat.savewright.org/viewtopic.php?p=97440

Plan on page two . . .

S
thanks so much, you're always saving me..!!

Paul Ringstrom

Post by Paul Ringstrom »

article:
https://www.prestonhollowpeople.com/202 ... right-map/

assignment:
Find the mistakes in this article.
Owner of the G. Curtis Yelland House (1910), by Wm. Drummond

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Never a Wilson & Wilson fan, I don't even remember hearing about "Bottle Rocket" when it came out in 1996, even though I was working at Paramount at the time, and going to about 5 or 6 movies a week. Has anyone here seen it? Is it worth 2 hours?

SDR

Post by SDR »

"The John Gillin residence was built in 1958, seven years after Wright died, and eight years after he designed it for Gillin . . ."

Almost. According to W A Storrer, the house was designed in 1950; three years of construction commenced in 1955.

S

Paul Ringstrom

Post by Paul Ringstrom »

SDR,
You missed one...
Owner of the G. Curtis Yelland House (1910), by Wm. Drummond

SDR

Post by SDR »

Heh. I hadn't even scanned the whole piece---nor noted your post---when I stumbled on that groaner. Here, no doubt, is the other half:

"In Wright’s five-year career, he designed more than 1,000 buildings . . ."

Prodigious, we knew; that would be beyond even Mr Wright !!

S

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

That gaffe can be chalked up to a typo. These days it is often obvious that writers, no matter how sophisticated or how reputable the publication, are not proofread. Drives me crazy when there articles are full of erorrs.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Heh---yes. "There" ?

S

Stephen Cowdery

Post by Stephen Cowdery »

Roderick Grant wrote:Never a Wilson & Wilson fan, I don't even remember hearing about "Bottle Rocket" when it came out in 1996, even though I was working at Paramount at the time, and going to about 5 or 6 movies a week. Has anyone here seen it? Is it worth 2 hours?
It is the first Wes Anderson Feature, a "quirky caper" heist film. Even though the Wilson brothers are featured it is OK. The house itself is featured prominently and even has some part in the plot. I enjoyed it, but my wife, who hates the Wilsons, did not.