William BOSWELL house

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
juankbedoya

William BOSWELL house

Post by juankbedoya »

Hi folks, does somebody have information such as plans, pictures or stories of this private residence.? There is only one video on youtube (at least) but no more. It's one of the biggest usonian houses Wright designed but there is not enough documents available.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Pretty sure this is a new one to me.
They just keep on coming.

Matt2

Post by Matt2 »

Storer #423.

Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Several years ago it was for sale and all the RE photos were on this site. You may be able to find them. Just googling "Boswell House" comes up with https://www.pinterest.com/robynsmith7/f ... ell-house/

SDR

Post by SDR »

There is less on this house in the common references than on many other Wright homes; W A Storrer is unusually terse:

© 1993 by William Allin Storrer

Neither of these published plans shows the matching carport that was added to the original plan. See photos further below.

Three photos by Jurgen Nogai, c. 2008, from Taschen III

Ten unpublished photographs by Wright photographer extraordinaire Dave Anderson:

SDR

Post by SDR »

Nor do any of the drawings show the long exterior stair down from the terrace near the living-room fireplace, as seen in Nogai's second photo . . .

S

juankbedoya

Post by juankbedoya »

Tom wrote:Pretty sure this is a new one to me.
They just keep on coming.
There is always a new one with F.LL.W.!!!

juankbedoya

Post by juankbedoya »

Duncan wrote:Several years ago it was for sale and all the RE photos were on this site. You may be able to find them. Just googling "Boswell House" comes up with https://www.pinterest.com/robynsmith7/f ... ell-house/
Thanks for the pinterest link..!! I had not found it

juankbedoya

Post by juankbedoya »

SDR wrote:There is less on this house in the common references than on many other Wright homes; W A Storrer is unusually terse:
Holy SDR ..!!! Always you..!! Thanks for the plans and pictures..!! I just ask myself if there is any Wright building that you have not anything about it haha.
Greetings from Ecuador.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

The person who bought the house from the Boswell family after the original owners had died, significantly altered the kitchen/laundry/servant/playroom wing, maintaining the integrity of the design.

One of the last houses to escape publication beyond Storrer is Goddard.

juankbedoya

Post by juankbedoya »

Roderick Grant wrote:The person who bought the house from the Boswell family after the original owners had died, significantly altered the kitchen/laundry/servant/playroom wing, maintaining the integrity of the design.

One of the last houses to escape publication beyond Storrer is Goddard.
Yes, you're right, maybe we should write a topic about Goddard. There is even less information about this one. This is the second time in the chat somebody talks me about Goddard. Actually I prefer the project for Lewis Goddard never built (similar to Grant but in brick and wood) than the actual one.

Matt2

Post by Matt2 »

Interesting roof details. It looks like the pitched roof ends and drops water (are those ice cycles) onto the flat surrounding roof. And some interesting strip lights on the underside.

juankbedoya

Post by juankbedoya »

This is the first proposal by Wright and rejected by Boswell. Interesting too

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Boswell #1 is very much like Ina Morris Harper. It is an excellent design, much more striking than Boswell #2.

SDR

Post by SDR »

It appears that the roof of the first proposal is seen in two iterations, in the illustrations above ?

S