Video: Hollyhock and ADA accessibility

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
DavidC

Video: Hollyhock and ADA accessibility

Post by DavidC »

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

@ 0:54 is a glimpse of the garden court with new landscaping. According to Google Maps, the whole design has not been implemented according to the original plan, with the north third a densely planted riparian garden, but hopefully that will eventually be executed, even the walk from the outdoor stair to the crosswalk, which was not built. A complete plan is in the archive, resurrected by the late Dennis Hickok, who worked with Richard Meier on the landscaping of the Getty Center. It is an essential element in order to understand the garden court, pergola and colonnade.

Stan, how did the reconstruction of the living room chair go? I thought it was to be done by the October conference.

Reidy

Post by Reidy »

SDR

Post by SDR »

Reconstruction of an upholstered chair---a unique example of the type, whose dimensions and details remained to be settled on---wouldn't be accomplished over period of a few months---I expect . . .?

S

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

That is what I said months ago, but that was the plan.
From the day I started on the living room furniture until it was installed was close to 20 years. One chair obviously would be easier, but still not as quick an effort as was thought. Funding alone will take a long time.

SDR

Post by SDR »

A worthwhile effort, in any event.

On another matter relating to the same room, I was recently shown close-up photos of carving on a table, one of a pair that were replicated after the
originals were lost---or sold. We looked at these tables not long ago, after the reputed originals were purchased and donated to the house, I believe.

What I am unclear on is whether the photos I saw were of these originals, or of their replacements. In any event, the carving was astoundingly crisp
and fine---not at all like photos we saw of another pair of tables. I cannot now find the thread that contained those photos.

S

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

The astoundingly crisp and fine details are from the reproductions done by Ipekjian. The rough version is from the originals.