San Fran FLWBC Conference Attendees

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.

Attending the 2016 FLWBC Conference in San Francisco?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:03 am

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 11

SREcklund

San Fran FLWBC Conference Attendees

Post by SREcklund »

I asked the same question over in the Facebook Wright Attitude group, but we have some different people here, so I'll ask again - who's attending the conference, and which portions? And who knows a good local meet-up joint (*cough* SDR *cough*)?

I'm flying in on Monday night, overnighting in Richmond before road-tripping Tuesday to Redding for Pilgrim Church, then back to SF for the full Wed thru Sun of conference and tours.

And you?
Docent, Hollyhock House - Hollywood, CA
Humble student of the Master

"Youth is a circumstance you can't do anything about. The trick is to grow up without getting old." - Frank Lloyd Wright

Reidy

Post by Reidy »

Not enrolled but signed up to help chaperone.

KevinW

Post by KevinW »

Not attending, but if anyone cares to make a separate visit to Los Banos, I would be happy to open some wine and give a little tour of the house.
KevinW

DRN

Post by DRN »

Christine and I will be attending the conference and the Sunday post-conference tour.
KevinW: Unfortunately, our schedule (and my available time off) will not allow an excursion out to Los Banos, maybe another time?

pmahoney

Conference

Post by pmahoney »

I will attend the conference and post tour on Sunday as well.

peterm

Post by peterm »

Irmi and I will be there for the entire conference, with the exception of the Sunday tour.

wjsaia

Re: San Fran FLWBC Conference Attendees

Post by wjsaia »

SREcklund wrote:. . . I'll ask again - who's attending the conference, and which portions? And who knows a good local meet-up joint . . . ?
Hi Stan and all Wright Chat community members,

My wife Trisha and I shall be attending everything, and I am looking forward to meeting many whom I have heretofore known for the most part only behind familiar screen names . . .

I have put Stan's query to a family member much more familiar than I with the current San Francisco scene around the Upper Grant Avenue, North Beach, Broadway, and Chinatown areas that are within walking distance of the Hilton San Francisco Financial District Hotel and will pass along any suggestions for your consideration. Maybe other pub crawlers amongst the members of this forum will have recommendations, though.

Bill Schwarz

dtc

Post by dtc »

My wife Dianne and I will attend the whole conference including the post conference tour on Sunday.
We look forward to seeing everyone.

SREcklund

Post by SREcklund »

wjsaia wrote:I have put Stan's query to a family member much more familiar than I with the current San Francisco scene around the Upper Grant Avenue, North Beach, Broadway, and Chinatown areas that are within walking distance of the Hilton San Francisco Financial District Hotel and will pass along any suggestions for your consideration. Maybe other pub crawlers amongst the members of this forum will have recommendations, though.
Thanks, Bill - and may we all thank you in advance for all the work you and Chuck have done to insure this will be an amazing conference!

"Youth is a circumstance you can't do anything about. The trick is to grow up without getting old." - Frank Lloyd Wright

wjsaia

Post by wjsaia »

SREcklund wrote:. . . so I'll ask again - who's attending the conference, and which portions? And who knows a good local meet-up joint . . .
Here is what I learn from my savvy source.

For drinks: Comstock Saloon, 155 Columbus Ave., bet. Jackson St. and Kearny St.

For drinks and food: Tosca Cafe, 242 Columbus Ave., bet. Jack Kerouac Alley and Saroyan Place.

For food: Cotonga, 490 Pacific Ave. bet. Montgomery St. and Osgood Place.

WJS
Last edited by wjsaia on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

HenryWhiting

Post by HenryWhiting »

William Stout Architectural Books, 804 Montgomery Street.

SREcklund

Post by SREcklund »

HenryWhiting wrote:William Stout Architectural Books, 804 Montgomery Street.
Being only a block or so away from the hotel, I suspect we'll be wearing a groove in the sidewalk between the two ... :D

HenryWhiting

Post by HenryWhiting »

That would be wise! Or would it?!.....

SREcklund

Post by SREcklund »

HenryWhiting wrote:That would be wise! Or would it?!.....
Fortunately (or not), I'm driving up from LA - lots of trunkspace for heavy books ... :-o

John

SF Conference

Post by John »

I will be attending the Pre and Post as well as the Conference.

As I believe the Hilton doesn't have a coffee shop here are the nearest ones according to Google:

Reveille Coffee 200 Columbus Ave
Caffe Trieste 601 Vallejo St (Off Columbus Ave)
Case Puccini 411 Columbus Ave
Chapel Hill Coffee 670 Commercial St (Near Kearny St)
Latte Express 646 Kearny St
Paleo Caffe 505 Montgomery St