Avery Coonley Estate

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
PSTraveler

Avery Coonley Estate

Post by PSTraveler »

Can anyone list all of the buildings erected by the Avery Coonley in Riverside, with their addresses and architects? I know about the three Wright buildings, but William Drummond built there as well. I'm not certain of the function of these buildings, nor their street addresses.

Thanks!

John

Reidy

Post by Reidy »

For street addresses of the Wright buildings, see Storrer. The Playouse is a little hard to find, because some unrelated houses, on lots subdivided from the original Coonley estate, stand between. Anyway, it faces the river straight east of the main house.

Two other Coonley buildings stand nearby. I don't have addresses. One is a large Drummond house, unmistakably prairie style, northeast of the main house, north of the Playhouse. It was originally apartments for the teachers, since remodeled into a single house. The Drummond gardener's cottage is another prairie building just across the street to the west of the Drummond house. The story is that they built it after the gardener's children were born and the Wright building became too small.

Peter