Guggenheim relocation

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
peterm

Guggenheim relocation

Post by peterm »

Due to the recent torrential rains and flooding in New York, The Guggenheim was recently moved to higher ground... Details here:

http://www.designboom.com/art/victor-en ... 4-29-2016/

Sequoia

Post by Sequoia »

It has been " enriched"

DRN

Post by DRN »

I would have left the Gwathmey-Siegel bit behind in NYC....the composition looks better without it, particularly from the back (east).

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Meanwhile, transport Rafael Uribe Uribe to the vacated plot on Fifth Avenue. That wouldn't be as much of a shock; there are places in NYC where such a contrast is not all that unusual.

I assume there's some sort of political point to the exercise, but I am not sure what it is.

SDR

Post by SDR »

I think it's just art. There are a couple of photographer/designers who play with buildings and Photoshop (or whatever). I like them all. A couple of them are available on the same designboom page . . .

The last photo here required some extra work, creating the backside of the Guggenheim tower as if torn away from its neighbors ?

SDR

peterm

Post by peterm »

That's my favorite (at least as far as art goes...) Exposing the ugliest backside.

SDR

Post by SDR »

I expect the multiple views of the museum were acquired by drone; matching the perspective for each shot took a lot of time at the "new location," no doubt. One doesn't easily relocate the vanishing points digitally !

SDR

SDR

Post by SDR »