Goetsch-Winckler Photos on Facebook

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.

Best site to post FLW homeowner's photos for access by FLW enthusiasts?

Facebook
No votes
Instagram
No votes
Flickr
29%
Homeowner created website
No votes
Wright Chat
71%
Pinterest
No votes
Other-Please leave a comment.
No votes

Total votes: 7

Audrey

Goetsch-Winckler Photos on Facebook

Post by Audrey »

While Verizon makes some changes here in California, I'm posting photos to the Goetsch-Winckler Facebook page rather than the Flickr feed shown on my website.

Have you seen the new photos on Facebook?
https://www.facebook.com/The-Goetsch-Wi ... 125149524/

The Facebook page is Public, easy to update, and appears on Google searches, but I'm not sure if non-Facebook users can access it.

PLEASE let me know if you're interested in this type of photo content and if you can or can't access it so I can make adjustments to my regular website. Thanks.

Audrey

Tom

Post by Tom »

Although I am not a Facebook user I was able to access all of the pictures, though not able to make comments.
I loved the pictures. It's the closest I've ever been to the house,
they were a minor revelation of scale.
The color photograph of the elevation across the green grass is wonderful. Thank you.

DRN

Post by DRN »

Audrey.
I'm not a Facebook user, but I was able to view the photos via your link. Many thanks for posting them. I enjoy seeing the details of Wright's houses and comparing them to those in our house...I also enjoy seeing comparison pictures of the house through the years. Your house is one of Wright's best.

Your kitchen is a good example of alterations being made to keep the room current and usable while maintaining the overall character of the original. We have Fiestaware in our kitchen too, and I've seen it in a number of Usonians. As the dishes wind up on open shelves in a Usonian, they need to be part of the design, Fiesta seems to go well with Usonians.

Our house had some electrical receptacles added over the years too...being a slightly OCD detail person, I found I could minimize their visual impact by painting the conduit and junction box to a tone close to the wood wall tone and replacing the receptacle cover with a brushed brass plate to match the originals.

The quiet fabric on the day bed with the punch of Fiesta color in the throw pillows looks fantastic.

It looks like you are enjoying the house, rock on.