FLWBC Annual Conference - Milwaukee

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
SREcklund

FLWBC Annual Conference - Milwaukee

Post by SREcklund »

So ... who else will be there? I Know DRN will, as I saw him on the discussion panel for the Homeowner and Public Sites Dinner. But how about the rest of you??
Docent, Hollyhock House - Hollywood, CA
Humble student of the Master

"Youth is a circumstance you can't do anything about. The trick is to grow up without getting old." - Frank Lloyd Wright

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Raises his hand.

David

pharding

Post by pharding »

not me
Paul Harding FAIA Restoration Architect for FLW's 1901 E. Arthur Davenport House, 1941 Lloyd Lewis House, 1952 Glore House | www.harding.com | LinkedIn

Paul Ringstrom

Post by Paul Ringstrom »

yes, we are going.
Owner of the G. Curtis Yelland House (1910), by Wm. Drummond

pmahoney

conference

Post by pmahoney »

I will be there also, looking forward to the Hardy house!

PrairieMod

Post by PrairieMod »

PrairieMod will be there and will be providing daily wrap-up posts for those who are not able to attend.

SREcklund

Post by SREcklund »

PrairieMod wrote:PrairieMod will be there and will be providing daily wrap-up posts for those who are not able to attend.
Somehow, I knew you would ... :D
Docent, Hollyhock House - Hollywood, CA
Humble student of the Master

"Youth is a circumstance you can't do anything about. The trick is to grow up without getting old." - Frank Lloyd Wright

Mark Hertzberg

Post by Mark Hertzberg »

I will be there. Docenting at Hardy. Speaking about Delavan Lake Saturday. (See www.penwern.com)
Mark Hertzberg

DRN

Post by DRN »

I will be there. Docenting at Hardy.

A knowledgeable docent is icing on the cake....looking forward to seeing you there.

RonMcCrea

Post by RonMcCrea »

I'm going to miss it, and will be sorry to miss the talks. I have to save up for Arkansas.

dtc

Post by dtc »

My wife and I will not be able to attend this year for our daughter will be married in Chicago the first weekend of October.
We will miss all in attendance, the talks and of course the house tours.

Enjoy and keep us posted.

wjsaia

Post by wjsaia »

I will be attending this time and am looking forward to meeting some of you whom I've heretofore mostly known only by your Wright Chat screen names.

I last attended in New York in 1994; it was a time when there would be 14 years more during which SDR would still have contributed zero posts on this board. Those were the dark years, before our lives would become enriched by our dear Mr. Ritchings . . .

My wife, Patricia, will be accompanying me. I'm very happy about that. She's not just arm candy . . .

Bill Schwarz

wjsaia

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

dtc wrote:My wife and I will not be able to attend this year for our daughter will be married in Chicago the first weekend of October.
Lesley and I will miss seeing you and Diane there, Dan. Have a blessed time at the wonderful occasion of your daughter's wedding!

David

jrdet10

Post by jrdet10 »

My wife Tanya Irwin and I will attend, looking forward to as enjoyable a time as we had last year in Phoenix. Can somebody recommend a place near the Pfister where we can get a late-night drink, or is it unnecessary to leave the Pfister?
"Well, there you are!"

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

If anyone is so interested, perhaps on Thursday or Friday evening after returning from the bus tours we could have a 'Wright Chatters' get-together at a nearby restaurant.

DavidC