Interior perspective drawings of Usonians?

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
SDR

Post by SDR »

This page shows a second interior rendering of the Shaw project, and lo and behold, one of the living room of the Lloyd Lewis house . . .

http://www.artsandartists.org/documents ... terior.pdf

Macrodex

Post by Macrodex »

House on the Mesa has an interior perspective.

Also: my mistake on the Nesbitt remodel; I wasn't sure if it was a remodel on Ennis -- which I thought I had heard, but wasn't certain.

Macrodex

Post by Macrodex »

SDR

Post by SDR »

Mmm -- good one. It's interesting that these Usonian interiors are so rare . . .

I'll post the House on the Mesa one.

Mr Wright seems a bit out of his depth, here . . . ?

SDR

SDR

Post by SDR »

Found another one:

Lowell Walter residence

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Geiger was at Walter for a photo shoot shortly after it was built. The huge windows fogged up on the inside so quickly after being wiped down, that the photographer couldn't get a decent shot, so Geiger and other apprentices who were there wiped the windows down, then ducked behind furniture while the photographer quickly snapped the shot. Moments later, the condensation returned.

CEP

Post by CEP »

slight correction on the Ennis/Nesbitt time line - the Ennis remodel was part of the plan to help fund the Nesbitt Carmel project (hoping to make Ennis a more attractive buy with the upgrades). it wasn't a fall back once the Carmel project came to a halt.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Oh, boy. So, a flipper scenario ? I'm surprised that Mr Wright would go so far, even for a valued client. I guess the attraction of an important new commission was worth any sacrifice ?

SDR

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

FLW held the Ennis design in high regard, and was ticked off by what Mabel did to it. I'm sure he saw the Nesbitt commission as a way to rectify one of his finest efforts.

Macrodex

Post by Macrodex »

San Marcos in the Desert, Price Tower, & Guggenheim have interior-perspectives.