Who is Going to the FLWBC Annual Conference in Phoenix?

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
pharding

Who is Going to the FLWBC Annual Conference in Phoenix?

Post by pharding »

This promises to be an exceptional conference. Who from Wright Chat will be there besides me?
Paul Harding FAIA Restoration Architect for FLW's 1901 E. Arthur Davenport House, 1941 Lloyd Lewis House, 1952 Glore House | www.harding.com | LinkedIn

dtc

Post by dtc »

My wife Dianne and I will be in attendance.
We look forward to the lectures, the tours of the architecture and of course
all the camaraderie.
See you there Paul.

Mark Hertzberg

Post by Mark Hertzberg »

Cindy and Mark Hertzberg will be there. I wish I could bring the new road bike Paul!
Mark Hertzberg

pharding

Post by pharding »

Mark, what road bike did you get?
Paul Harding FAIA Restoration Architect for FLW's 1901 E. Arthur Davenport House, 1941 Lloyd Lewis House, 1952 Glore House | www.harding.com | LinkedIn

Mark Hertzberg

Post by Mark Hertzberg »

I replaced a Trek 2100 which I had hit 30,000 miles on in this, its 10th season, with a Domane 4.5...carbon frame (what a sweet ride!) with Ultegra shifters. This IS on topic for Wright Chat (I think) because the 2100 was red (and white) and the Domane has nice red accents on the matte black. They are arguably Cherokee red.
Mark Hertzberg

pharding

Post by pharding »

The Trek Domane sounds awesome. This year I bought a Colnago Prestige cyclocross bike with disk brakes and Campy electronic shifting. It is wonderful for crushed limestone trails.

Mark Hertzberg

Post by Mark Hertzberg »

Glad to read that you are riding again. I didn't make it to the electronic shifting on the Domane.
Mark Hertzberg

SREcklund

Post by SREcklund »

I'll be there, and I'm jealous of Mark's bike ... :-)

DRN

Post by DRN »

Christine and I will be there.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

I would like to have a bike ... but that's suicidal in Los Angeles.

Paul Ringstrom

Post by Paul Ringstrom »

My wife and I will be there, as well as Mark Obermann.

Also coming from Mason City will be Chip & Kathy Kinsey.
Owner of the G. Curtis Yelland House (1910), by Wm. Drummond

John

Conference

Post by John »

I will be there.
I have heard that not only is it sold out but that some former Apprentices and one former FLWBC President are unable to get in.

ZacharyMatthews

I'm in!

Post by ZacharyMatthews »

See you all in a few short weeks.
Please say hello if you get the chance, Robert Volz and I supply the wines and service during the conference and always enjoy meeting those who share our same passions.

Zachary Matthews
Tulsa, OK

PrairieMod

Post by PrairieMod »

I'll be there and, like past years, I'll be doing daily wrap-ups of the events for anyone not able to make it!

Rood

Post by Rood »

Attendees should know that high temperatures during the week will be in the high 80's and the low 90's, so bring summer clothes. It can get down to 70 overnight ... but afternoons should be plenty warm. At the moment we have having near record temperatures ... that is, close to 95.