Tonkens House listed

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
SDR

Post by SDR »

Visitors to Instagram and Pinterest are fortunate to find (accurate) identification of images. (Other online sources are even worse.) Posters seem more interested in "likes" than in providing useful information. Or have I mistaken the matter . . .?

S

jay

Post by jay »

The signal-to-noise ratio is heavily lopsided, no doubt about it.

SDR

Post by SDR »

I intend to explore Instagram, as I am a newbie there. Pinterest is perhaps most disappointing; the great majority of images are not found to be expandable---and the labelling is frequently erroneous, when present at all. Some posters link to more useful sites . . .

A designer friend uses Instagram. Are there other such sites that one can recommend ? Facebook I would eschew (gesundheit) for its company behavior and ethics---if I were able to sign on, which (after changing my email address) I cannot.

Anyway, the roofing project at Tonkens is news. Are there other photos of the work site ?

S

Wrighter

Post by Wrighter »

I'm also a social media agnostic, and don't belong to any of them (I've likely lost out on connections as a result, but still). But I've also been tempted to join instagram, but since it's owned facebook, I just assume that it's corporate ethos, if not equal to its parent company's, can only trend in that direction over time.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Ah---I didn't know that. Current New Yorker has a long piece on Bezos and Amazon. Pretty grim picture.

S