The Allan and Arline Paul House, by Aaron Green...For Sale.

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Education Professor

Post by Education Professor »

No worries, Roderick! It is always good to double-check one's sources, especially in my academic world.

EP

KevinW

Post by KevinW »

I received word last night that the Paul house has been sold to a preservation minded buyer....perfection has been purchased. I hope this incredible example of organic architecture is preserved for generations to come. Hopefully this is great news.
KevinW

jay

Post by jay »

Learned of this house today (thanks to Pierlugi Serraino's instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/pierluigiserraino/?hl=en)..... The listing linked on the first page of this thread however no longer works... Does anyone know where I can find some newer images of this home? Obviously the consensus here is that this is a great piece of work.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Last edited by SDR on Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jay

Post by jay »

Thanks SDR. I had seen the few B&W photos on the Green website. I was looking for a newer set.... The Flickr link didn't work for me.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Other than the Green office page, none of the links on the older discussion are alive today. The "big book of Green" has the plan in color, and two color renderings, in addition to the vintage photos.

This relatively early work, modest in scale, has the same qualities as the best of Lautner in the previous decade. Material and structure are revealed alike...

S

jay

Re: The Allan and Arline Paul House, by Aaron Green...For Sale.

Post by jay »

Some lo-fi realtor photos... Man, this is a great house and site...
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Stanford/553- ... me/1541202

SDR

Re: The Allan and Arline Paul House, by Aaron Green...For Sale.

Post by SDR »

Jay asked me to post this plan of the Paul residence:

These illustrations of the house are found in the Aaron Green monograph published in 2017:

The Paul house dates to 1952. Two years earlier, on Kings Road in Los Angeles, Green built a somewhat similar house for the Reif family. It became the architect's first published house in 1956.

illustrations © 2017 by Allan Wright Green
"As a former copy editor, I always feel I am defending the person whose name is being misspelled, not attacking the person who misspells it." Ronald Alan McCrea (1943-2019)