fallingland

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
outside in

fallingland

Post by outside in »

Makes me wonder if they are going to have famous paintings copied for art, wood-grain plastic laminate cabinets and plastic surgery-enhanced bodies!

Tom

Post by Tom »

No way. Tell me this is photo shop stuff ?

DRN

Post by DRN »

They cut the top off of that hill just like coal company in West Virginia, didn't they?

If this is a real construction, I'm saddened at the money spent that could have produced a new and unique work by a good architect who would have shown some respect for that site. I suppose an artificial waterfall with an accompanying monster of a pump will fill the still to be completed pool below the house.

Deke

Post by Deke »

Hey if you go the money, spend it however you want. Better a knock off masterpiece than an original travesty (we have plenty of them already). Odd that it seems to be missing the stairs down to Bear Run...er, the pool.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Could we be informed of the origin of this image ?

SDR

Paul Ringstrom

Post by Paul Ringstrom »

Outside In,
I heard there was a copy of Fallingwater built somewhere in Wisconsin. Can you tell us the location of this house?

PNB

Post by PNB »

About 20 years ago there was a replica of sorts of Fallingwater built near Lake Geneva. I do not believe this is it though as the site doesn't match. It was on a larger estate and not visible from a road.

m.perrino

Post by m.perrino »

For the record, I want to state publicly that I do not condone violence of any kind.

That said and unfortunately hoping not to reveal too much of my past, I would not hesitate to take a couple of satchel charges of C4 plastique to that abomination.

THERE SHE BLOWS !!!!

LOL

jmcnally

Post by jmcnally »

If you were to plant C4, does anyone know in what state and city your effort would be focused?

DRN

Post by DRN »

Most of us Chatters are probably feeling a sense of nausea upon looking at the photo posted above, but the previous two postings are of a nature that could be misinterpreted or worse. They might want to be reconsidered.

Use of words, imagery, or scenarios such as those are best left to Ayn Rand pulp or mediocre King Vidor films.

m.perrino

Post by m.perrino »

yes, I agree, maybe using a drone would be better ! All said in good humor of course and not meant as an actual representation of this writers intent.

I feed stray cats too, if that's of any mitigating value !

Matt

Post by Matt »

So was this a hoax by Outside In? What are the details of this structure? Where did you get the photo? Are you just yanking our collective chain?

outside in

Post by outside in »

No, I'm afraid its very real - and creating a fake photo like this is far beyond my capabilities! The sender mentioned the following:

"it could be italy (with the olive trees) and also because italian architect have no creativity since Michelangelo's time and probably they feel better on copying!!"

I should probably add that the sender is Italian as well!

Matt

Post by Matt »

Thanks. So the sender gave no other information regarding where this is being built and who is building it?

outside in

Post by outside in »

sorry - I really didn't ask - the entire project is so ridiculous all I could do is laugh.