Sure, we can call anything "Frank Lloyd Wright"

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
DRN

Post by DRN »

Thanks for your words of encouragement David. A mere 45 minute drive to have the opportunity to acquire this....just think, Christine and I could then relax on this piece and appropriately toast our great coup in acquiring it with some Thunderbird served in a chilled hubcap.

I think I'll pass.

jmcnally

Post by jmcnally »

I'm surprised no FLW collectors have bid on that hideous couch yet.

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Dan:

I was concerned - until I saw you mention that the hubcap would be chilled. Nothing worse than room temperature Thunderbird - especially when kicking back on your "must have addition for any contemporary living room setting."

And perhaps the most thrilling part of the this couch-to-end-all-FLW-couches is: "You will not find another couch like this one anywhere!"

David

SDR

Post by SDR »

Yes. Every tragedy has its silver lining ?

S

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

If you happen to scroll down and look at the next to last picture .................... Frank Lloyd Wright Inspired Contemporary Style 8' Couch No Reserve! ....... I'm starting to wonder if those are original FLW cigarette burns and wear spots ..................hmmmmmmmm..............

Next thing you know, someone could try to sell golf balls that 'could have been struck by The Master Himself'!!!!!

David

SDR

Post by SDR »

I'm almost certain that Wright was sitting on that sofa when this photo was taken . . .

I think he was trying mescaline for the first time, that week . . . or was it peyote ?

SDR

Paul Ringstrom

Post by Paul Ringstrom »

SDR

Post by SDR »

Paul Ringstrom forwards this:

Paul Ringstrom

Post by Paul Ringstrom »

Here is the response I got from Sean Malone, CEO of the FLW FDN:

Hi Paul,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. You are absolutely right.
This was an unauthorized misuse and overuse of trademarks, and we are following up with the parties involved.

Yours,
Sean
Owner of the G. Curtis Yelland House (1910), by Wm. Drummond

DRN

Post by DRN »

A "House of the Day" from the WSJ:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... .html#%2F2

Spends all that money and effort on custom trim and casework and then uses a high end builder cliche curved stair with a railing detail that is common to most DIY built backyard decks.

peterm

Post by peterm »

The interiors feel like a morphing of A Clockwork Orange and Oak Park..

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

KevinW

Post by KevinW »

Well....when you pour water from it, you do get falling water...
KevinW

Rood

Post by Rood »

KevinW wrote:Well....when you pour water from it, you do get falling water...
... from the space within the pitcher, where reality is found.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Seller claims to have bought this at Fallingwater in the '90s. Would the gift shop have been selling local crafts, then ?

SDR