The Mitchell House, Racine, WI

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Daniel Dominique Watts

Re: The Mitchell House, Racine, WI

Post by Daniel Dominique Watts »

John,
I just wanted to chime in on this.
I did 2 loans for the owner of Christmas house back in 2006 & 2007. I have interior shots i took of many details then as well. The room north of dining room is paneled with paneled dark wood to memory a walnut. The doors and rooms panels reminded me of Charnley House details. The dining room is to the south of it facing park to south. The spindles and other interior elements in sitting room area also intrigued me at that time as well. It appears to be Corwins work mostly inside & out but some of it does resemble FLLWs details. There are 2 other Corwins in area most dont know of as well that i documented inside & out. Was also in a 3rd Corwin home near and its interior also both of them on it. Its part of what Richard & I were looking at. I cant say much more but we found quite a lot of their collaborative efforts in several locations and states.