Curtis Yelland House (1910)

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Paul Ringstrom

Curtis Yelland House (1910)

Post by Paul Ringstrom »

My wife and I are the new owners of the Curtis Yelland House, by William Drummond, in Mason City, IA. Feel free to stop by and say HI when you are in town.

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Congratulations to Paul & Mrs. Ringstrom!!!

This is wonderful news - both for the two of you and for that terrific home! And my wife and I will someday most certainly take you up on the offer, too.

I can't wait to hear just how much the two of you enjoy the house - and Mason City, itself!

David

jhealy

Post by jhealy »

Congrats, Paul. Great house.

Isn't this the house that had the fire? Is the restoration complete, or is that on-going?

Jay

Paul Ringstrom

Post by Paul Ringstrom »

jhealy wrote:Isn't this the house that had the fire? Is the restoration complete, or is that on-going?
Yes it is. Completely and appropriately restored.

Wrightgeek

Post by Wrightgeek »

I think we have two marriages here that were made in heaven:

Paul and Sandy Ringstrom, and

The Ringstroms and the Yelland Residence.

So very happy for the both of you, and Christine and I look forward to visiting you next fall in your new home while we are in town for the 2012 FLWBC Conference.

A major side benefit of all this is that Dr. Bob McCoy now has a very capable local to pass the reins to for the Stockman House and visitors center. I'd call that a win-win all the way around!

dkottum

Post by dkottum »

Congratulations Paul. Not only is that a terrific Prairie School house (we toured it after the previous restoration), but you get the historic Rock Crest - Rock Glen neighborhood along with it. What a great place to retire.

Hoping to visit next summer.

doug k

egads

Post by egads »

Where's the link to all the pictures? :P

jhealy

Post by jhealy »

I'm with egads; I'd love to see some pictures.

Also, Paul, if you don't mind me asking, what made you choose the Yelland house out of the currently available homes for sale - such as McCartney, Haynes (assuming the owner is taking offers), others?? Were there other homes you were considering?

Thanks,
Jay

Tom

Post by Tom »

Wow, congratulations as well. I'm with the folk requesting pics!

egads

Post by egads »

I'm going to speculate that escrow has opened but not yet closed?
So Paul may not have complete access yet. But I do think photos should be taken when it is empty when that time comes. In the meantime, are there real estate listing photos?

Paul Ringstrom

Post by Paul Ringstrom »

jhealy wrote:Also, Paul, if you don't mind me asking, what made you choose the Yelland house out of the currently available homes for sale?? Were there other homes you were considering?
Over the past few years we have explored building a new house (actually had two architects design two different houses for us) and have looked at many architect designed houses in many different states (some included a Goff in Bartlesville, several E Fay Jones' in Arkansas and Missouri, several John Randal McDonalds' in Wisconsin, and of course many Wright hou$es). We actually stumbled on this house while visiting all of the Wright homes in Iowa. We have always loved the Stockman House (it was our wedding cake) and the Yelland House is a version of the Fireproof House too, so it really called out to us.

We closed escrow last week.

I'll share some photos after we move in completely.

BBuck

Post by BBuck »

Congrats Paul! Please include a picture of your wedding cake as well.

Wrighter

Post by Wrighter »

Congrats Paul and Sandy! I completely missed this post the first time around. It's wonderful news, and a beautiful home. We can't wait to see pictures as well. And what a wonderful town to be in.

Good news all around!

DRN

Post by DRN »

Congratulations Paul and Sandy!
To live in a freshly restored Drummond house, with Walter Burley Griffin houses practically on your doorstep, all in a walkable neighborhood...sounds like the perfect choice.

PNB

Post by PNB »

This is wonderful news. I was under the impression that this house had been torn down. I toured it 3-4 years ago and it was by far my favorite of the tour. Very livable design.

What is the story on the restoration?