Ennis in the news

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Reidy

Ennis in the news

Post by Reidy »

The city has declared the house a mudslide hazard, off limits to everybody:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... &cset=true

Peter

Post by Guest »

Asking to log in. Can you please cut and paste and repost?

EJ

Post by EJ »

By Amanda Covarrubias, Times Staff Writer

A hill collapse closed Laurel Canyon Boulevard and ground instability prompted the city to red-tag Frank Lloyd Wright's landmark Ennis-Brown House as mudslides continued to trigger evacuations Monday despite five days of dry weather.

Geologists said the mudslide danger could last for several months, even if little more rain falls. Water that has saturated hillsides this winter is sinking deeper into the ground, creating the potential for soil shifts that could trigger more collapses.

They pointed out that the 1995 mudslide in the La Conchita community in Ventura County that destroyed several homes occurred two months after the rains had stopped.

"The sun is shining, but the rain is busily percolating downward," said Randy Jibson, a geological consultant for the U.S. Geological Survey.

"You can't see it, but it's busy. I expect that in the next few months, we will see a spectrum of landslides
"It all goes to show the danger of entrusting anything spiritual to the clergy" - FLLW, on the Chicago Theological Seminary's plans to tear down the Robie House in 1957

Wrightgeek

Red Tag Removed From Wright House

Post by Wrightgeek »

Here's the latest update on the status of the Ennis-Brown House:

KESQ, CA - 2 hours ago

LOS ANGELES Authorities reportedly have removed the red tag from a landmark Frank Lloyd Wright home that sits on a Hollywood hillside.

But K-A-B-C T-V says there still is concern about the structure's integrity.

K-A-B-C says the Ennis-Brown house was upgraded to a yellow tag, which allows limited access. City engineers red-tagged it over the weekend because of ground instability. Built in 1924, the concrete home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

____

On the Net:

http://www.ennisbrownhouse.org/

Copyright 2005 Associated Press.

Post by Guest »

You guys beat me to it. I just finished watching the local news. All the local LA stations are running this story tonight.

The status has indeed been changed from red to yellow tag. Part of the retaining wall has collapsed from the record rains of the past 2 months. The photos were very sad. They did say it does appear all will be repairable but is going to raise the the previous restoration estimate of 12 million dollars significantly.

Post by Guest »

One of the morning news shows did some expanded coverage with interviews of engineers from the city. They said the parking area and chauffeur

Post by Guest »

One of the morning news shows did some expanded coverage with interviews of engineers from the city. They said the parking area and chauffeur

Post by Guest »

Sorry for the duplicate post. I got a PHP error the first time so I didn't think the database got the post.