SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
DavidC

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!

Post by DavidC »

Monty Python - Spam - [3:20]

David

SDR

Post by SDR »

Inbox (2)

Drafts (131)

Sent

Spam

Trash (empty)

Recycling

Brooms

Spam

Spam

Bacon, Eggs

Spam

Spam

More Spam

Extra Spam

WiscoUsonIan

Post by WiscoUsonIan »

note to the non-existent admins here: It's interesting with all the chatters here on a daily, even hourly, basis that one of us does not have the admin privileges to just keep this place spam free. Honestly it's not that hard to keep things clean. we're obviously fed up with the spam. Please just give some "Active" members privileges to do so.

Jeff Myers

Post by Jeff Myers »

they should form the Spam Cleanup Team for WrightChat, just an idea....
JAT
Jeff T

SDR

Post by SDR »

Let's thank the administrators for having removed all spam threads, as of today.

S D R

John

SPAM, etc.

Post by John »

I want to thank the Conservancy for cleaning up the "Chat" and for seemingly appointing an administrator to oversee things. Kudos!

By the way, for anyone who wanders out to Minnesota, there is actuallly a SPAM Museum near the plant in Austin, MN.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Unfortunately, the job looks to be an ongoing one. Another spammer or two have shown up this week -- and it's only Tuesday. Those whose English is sufficiently lacking (?) now resort to grabbing a short paragraph from some book or magazine to make it appear they have an interest in our subject. Sad.

I'd say we should resume ignoring such posts -- readily identifiable by a very low post count and a red linked signature -- and let our watchman do his thing on our behalf -- with our ongoing and sincere thanks ?

Stephen

SDR

Post by SDR »

By the way, a thread was started the other day by a student (?) asking a question about Wright drawings. I see that thread has disappeared. I had reached the opinion that this was not a spam message and was about to write some sort of response when I found the post missing.

If it's true that posters must wait for their second post before showing a (commercial) link, perhaps we could wait (except where the first post is an obvious fraud) for a second post before pulling the plug on someone ?

S

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In response to the last two posts:

1) Yes, please ignore all suspicious threads. We are taking these down, banning users and forbidding their IP addresses. (Also, thanks for the thanks).

2) We check all suspicious posts very carefully to ensure that what we are taking down is SPAM and not genuine. The post I believe you are looking for was not erased and is still current. It can be found: http://savewright.org/wright_chat/viewtopic.php?t=5068.

FYI, some other users have reported problems finding archived threads. I cannot say if this contributed to the (current) post not displaying on your machine but we will continue to look into.

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Admin:

Thank you for all of your help in making this forum an even better place to come and participate in. Things have improved greatly already.

One option that folks here (myself included) have mentioned that would be very helpful would be the reinstitution of the 'private message' function. Do you know if that's in the works for a possible return?

Thanks again.

David