A round of applause...

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
flwright

A round of applause...

Post by flwright »

Here's to SDR -- the greatest Wright Chat contributor ever -- having just rolled over the 3000 mark for well illustrated, well written, throught provoking posts! SDR makes Wright Chat work and I look forward to reading his posts every day!

Thanks SDR for all your contributions!
Morgan

Wrighter

Post by Wrighter »

I'll second that! I'm clapping now. Thanks, SDR, for your contributions.

Paul Ringstrom

Post by Paul Ringstrom »

Absolutely agree.

peterm

Post by peterm »

Hear, Hear!

To a true gentleman and a scholar...

josquin

SDR

Post by josquin »

Also, a thoughtful and prodigious contributor to Lottaliving: http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/index.php
at over 4700 contribution and counting...
Congratulations!

egads

Post by egads »

A generous image host and articulate writer. His own designs are way better than he gives himself credit for. My heartfelt thanks.

Unfortunately, he is no longer posting at lot of living......

peterm

Post by peterm »

I already had my confrontation with a certain moderator at Lotta Living, after this person boldly declared and then argued that Usonians were failures because they were not as affordable as Wright had declared they would be. Meanwhile, everything that Cliff May touched was somehow a masterpiece.

I was livid, and almost stopped posting, but there are too many other interesting folks there with open minds...

Stephen, come back to Lotta Living! You are sorely missed...

SDR

Post by SDR »

You're very kind, all of you. It should be evident by now that I've found a home at Wright Chat. The image postings I do are small enough
repayment of the riches I find here, every day. In truth, it's very rewarding to be able to illustrate the discussion, with stuff that's been
accumulating on my shelves for decades without being of much use to anyone but myself -- 'til now.

I got a start at Internet writing and illustrating at Lotta Living, and made some good friends as a consequence. I even met a couple of them at my
home in the early days. But the stern (invisible) visage of the hostess, playing some odd game of kindergarten cop, and her lieutenant
(mentioned above) sent out to enforce the unnecessary and demeaning rules of conduct, finally got to me. I prefer to be treated as an adult,
among adults, without being suspected periodically of sedition-- or worse.

Until my photo web host crashes or melts down, what I've posted, here and there, will remain -- but I'm simply turned off by the atmosphere at
LL. I'm certainly glad to see some of the most interesting and productive members posting here, I will say.

Again, thank you for your welcome -- and, you're most certainly welcome !

Stephen

egads

Post by egads »

peterm wrote:I already had my confrontation with a certain moderator at Lotta Living, after this person boldly declared and then argued that Usonians were failures because they were not as affordable as Wright had declared they would be. Meanwhile, everything that Cliff May touched was somehow a masterpiece.

I was livid, and almost stopped posting, but there are too many other interesting folks there with open minds...

Stephen, come back to Lotta Living! You are sorely missed...
The weird part of all that is a Cliff May prefab (that said mod and I live in) are Usonians, built on a 32" grid. I pointed out the Mod's over reaction and did not get banned. I even got a complement for doing so. The worst thing he does is give short curt replies. It makes him sound much meaner than he probably is. This is SDR's forte, the calm and detailed explanation.
Just because one has heard it all before, does not mean a new poster has. Manners dictate that a new unknown person at the party should be offered a drink and included in the conversation. Shutting folks up is not the way to have a conversation.

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

I'll certainly hop on board the "Thank Stephen Train"!

I've gained knowledge, insight and wisdom here at the Forum that could have never happened otherwise. Thanks to all who contribute so much of their time and talents here! Also, many thanks to those who offer and moderate this forum for us, too!

And thanks to Stephen for helping make my time here much more than it would otherwise be. You help create, illustrate and greatly further the conversation(s) here.

David

guanche

Post by guanche »

i absolutely agree... it´s a pleasure to read this forum with contributors like sdr... thanks a lot

muchas gracias por ilustrarnos sobre wright... y mas temas
:wink:

congratulations-enhorabuena

SDR

Post by SDR »

Congratulations are due to all who contribute their efforts, here; in particular we could mention David, our TnGuy, who keeps his eye on the news
and almost daily has something of interest to bring us from the "outside world." Indeed, there isn't anyone on this thread (at least) who hasn't
brought things to our attention on a regular basis. This is a wonderful family of (common) interest. . .

Education Professor

Post by Education Professor »

SDR,

Many thanks for your very insightful posts and wonderful images. I've learned a great deal about Mr. Wright and about organic architecture because of your dedicated efforts. I look forward to reading your interesting posts every time I log on to the chat board. I humbly and sincerely thank you.

EP
Matthew Smith

SDR

Post by SDR »

Thanks you , sir. It's all pure pleasure to me, I assure you.

SDR

m.perrino

Post by m.perrino »

Ditto all of the above and let's face it - this is with out question, the best site to discuss all things related to Wright and Organic Architecture.

As a reader for many many years before I began to post, I continue to find the contents insightfull, intelligent, well presented, and containing on occasion, enough humor with a dash of sarcasism to weed out the weak and maintain solidarity with the DEVOTED ! ! !

ALL HAIL SDR !

Wright Chat Now.
Wright Chat FOREVER.