Schaberg House Auction

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Wrightgeek

Schaberg House Auction

Post by Wrightgeek »

The Donald Schaberg House in Okemos, Mich. is set to be auctioned off today (11/30) by Inland Real Estate, but I don't know what time of day the auction was set to begin.

If anyone out there hears anything about the auction and/or the outcome of the auction, please post an update here for the rest of us.

From what I have read, the opening bid was to be approx. $600,000, which is considerably less than the $1.6 million asking price that the property has been listed at for quite some time. I would assume, but do not know for sure, that there is a reserve price that will need to be met?

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide.

Paula

Post by Paula »

Yes, there was definitely a reserve price. I think it was either $875,000 or $1 million. I read it somewhere in a listing.

Wrighter

Schaberg Reserve

Post by Wrighter »

Here's a link to a story written pre-auction. The minimum bid was around 600,000.

http://www.lansingcitypulse.com/051123/art/wright.asp

Wrightgeek

Post by Wrightgeek »

As suggested by another poster, I went to the Inland Real Estate web site to see if the Schaberg property had indeed sold at auction, and here is a link to what I found (you'll need to scroll down the page a bit):

http://www.inlandgroup.com/ireac/calendar_frame.htm

Based on this, it appears as though the property may have successfully been sold at the recent auction.

Unfortunately, I could find no further details about this auction on the Inland Real Estate site.

Wrightgeek

Auction Update

Post by Wrightgeek »

Here is the latest update in the very confusing saga of the auctioning off of the Schaberg residence. Apparantly the auction scheduled for 11/30 did not take place, and has been rescheduled for Dec. 15. See the link below for all of the latest details.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 7/BUSINESS

jenisebhruvel

Post by jenisebhruvel »

I know that the auctions have been completed very fast.Actually at the time of auctioning I was in state to afford for their bid prices.Regarding some financial problem or stress.Anyways But today I have my 2BHK flat.Which I deal in a very affordable rates.