Fallingwater Paperweight

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Deke

Post by Deke »

So you're thinking a wider but shorter base that would encompass more of the landcape? I'd thought at one point of adding the bridge, but that meant the base would be so big as to dwarf the house.

Thanks for the idea of the AIA bookstores....brilliant suggestion.

Deke

SDR

Post by SDR »

I wouldn't make the base encompass more of the site, myself. I showed the Jester models just to illustrate a neat crisp cylindrical element.

SDR

DRN

Post by DRN »

Deke: I think the amount of site around the house sculpture is fine as is...like SDR, my suggestions were related to the detailing of the base's edge or face.

Deke

Post by Deke »

Thanks to everyone for their comments...and thanks to those who ordered a paperweight! I got them in the mail yesterday. I'm working on some additional casting materials (pewter and opal colors) and refining the base as well. I'll post more photos when the .1 version is done.

Deke

SDR

Post by SDR »

Kewl ! Hey, Deke, I've got a name for your enterprise:

D Konstruction

Eh ? Eh ?

SDR

jlesshafft

Post by jlesshafft »

I'd be interested in ordering one also

Deke

Post by Deke »

Obviously, I won't be able to get another batch done in time for Christmas, but I'll have more shortly thereafter.

D-construction. Ha ha.

DK

SDR

Post by SDR »

Well, maybe Deke Construction ? Hmm. . . Sorry.

SDR