Rose and Gertrude Pauson house

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
SDR

Post by SDR »

Wright's response to word that the house had burned, a telegram from Spring Green to Rose Pauson in San Francisco, is dated April 19, 1943.

It would be dandy to see the extra photos. Can someone in New York attend the Fashion Institute exhibition for us ?

SDR

DRN

Post by DRN »

This could be big...the contact sheet, or its negatives, if available for study could fill in blanks.
Diana Vreeland’s archive is in NYC...she was the editor, not the photographer. The film or contact sheets may, or probably, may not be with the archive.
http://archives.nypl.org/mss/5980

Louise Dahl-Wolfe, the photographer has an archive:

https://ccp.arizona.edu/artists/louise-dahl-wolfe

Or, might the images still be with Harpers? Not sure if all photos from a shoot are the property of the mag or just those published. I suppose it depends if the photographer was on staff or hired for a shoot?

Can the filmmakers be contacted to ask about their sources? Do the film credits indicate sources of material which can then be contacted? Would the Museum at FIT know any contacts?

Jeff Myers

Post by Jeff Myers »

Did this today. Foam core and wood veneer paper.

JAT
Jeff T

SDR

Post by SDR »

See also: http://wrightchat.savewright.org/viewto ... 44a7162e16

I've never been sure what material the Pauson perfs were cut from. Palli notes that the ones found in the private quarters at T West were replaced at some point with steel ones...

There was a moment when I thought they might have been ceramic---perhaps because of a white color seen in photos (though that may have turned out to be a frame around each
perf, seen from the exterior). If they had been ceramic they likely would have survived the fire...!

S

Jeff Myers

Post by Jeff Myers »

Same wood as the house SDR.
JAT
Jeff T

SDR

Post by SDR »

That would be normal---but some things about Pauson aren't normal, including the size and shape of these perfs. Do we know that for a fact ?

S

Jeff Myers

Post by Jeff Myers »

I just received the drawings
JAT
Jeff T

Tom

Post by Tom »

Jeff Myers wrote:I just received the drawings
Are you talking about drawings of Pauson from the Avery Archives?