Auldbrass Tour

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
RJH

Auldbrass Tour

Post by RJH »

Auldbrass in Yemassee, SC will be open for tours November 3 & 4, 2007 from 10:30am - 4:00pm. This happens once per year. Tickets are $50.00. Tickets need to be reserved by October 12th. For more information call Beaufort County Open Land Trust (843) 521-2175.

jlesshafft

Post by jlesshafft »

Wrong...it happens once every other year. It occurs every November in odd-numbered years.

If you go, get there before the gates open, because they usually open 10-15 minutes early. Head (at a fast walk) straight for the house. Otherwise the line gets very long to go through the house (and they only let a few people in the house at a time, but once you are in the house you can take your time, they don't rush you through.)

Also, sign up for the picnic lunch, it's well worth it, and there's not much of anything close to Auldbrass for food or drinks.

hypnoraygun

Sent in Money today

Post by hypnoraygun »

Well I mailed my check off today. Anyone else going? I am going on Sunday. Do you think Joel Silver would let me stay there? ha..

It would be kind of fun to see how many from the board are going, and on which days..? Or maybe not?... Just an idea..

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Wife and I will be there on Saturday (the 3rd). This will be our second tour of Auldbrass. Last time was in 1999, and I understand more has been done to the property since. A truly wonderful place that I'm sure you will enjoy greatly.

David

hypnoraygun

Post by hypnoraygun »

Well I will be heading off in the morning to Savannah, GA. Then on to Auldbrass Sunday! I will bring back photos!