Ernest Vosburgh Summer Residence

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
jhealy

Ernest Vosburgh Summer Residence

Post by jhealy »

I've decided to throw out another general question about a house after getting good response on Walker. It always amazes me how much some of you know about these homes, beyond that which is in the commonly available books.

So here goes ... does anyone have any information, thoughts on the Ernest Vosburgh cottage in Grand Beach, Michigan. I note that not much seems to be written about the cottages/summer homes Wright designed. Perhaps this is because so many have been altered to such a great degree. Its seems, at least to me however, that Vosburgh may still be in decent shape. Based on "Wright on the Market" the house was sold a few years ago. I like Vosburgh's design, though the location of the patio and terrace seem a bid odd.

Jay

Naperville, IL

RJH

Post by RJH »

I beleive that that house has been owned by the Mayor (Richard Daley) of Chicago's brother for years.

DGK

Post by DGK »

Daley's brother actually owns the Bagley house. The Vosburgh, one of my favorites, changed hands 5-6 years ago. The new owners have added a prairie-style garage to the property. I drive by it every time I am in the area.

Pat Mahoney

Wright's Summer Homes

Post by Pat Mahoney »

I gave a lecture this past week discussing summer homes designed by FLlW. The research was interesting in that the summer house largely disappears after the stock market crash. After Graycliff the only summer house I find is the Chahroudi cottage. Can anyone think of one I've missed?

Pat Mahoney

VP Graycliff Consrvancy Inc.

http://www.buffalohomeshow.com/Media/Me ... 0Homes.doc