Reply to SDR's Reply to Posting Problems

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
pharding

Reply to SDR's Reply to Posting Problems

Post by pharding »

It started approximately 6 to 8 weeks when they cracked down on spam. I did not intend for my posts to be spam. Apparently after review by the spam filtering software, the software concluded that my replies were spam, but not my original posts. :D

It was fine for a while. It forced me to spend less time with Wright Chat. My wife was telling me, "Less Wright Chat, more exercise". She felt vindicated. I gave passing thought to the idea that she hacked the Wright Chat web site, but given her aversion to technology of any type, computers, cell phone, car, etc., I dismissed that idea. She is also too frugal to hire a hacker.

The front office is looking into it. Apparently they know what might be the source of the problem. What is bizarre is that that I am just stopped from posting replies, not original posts. Other message boards that I occasionally visit, for cars or watches, do not have this vexing problem or else I would bring in a computer consultant or an exorcist.
Paul Harding FAIA Restoration Architect for FLW's 1901 E. Arthur Davenport House, 1941 Lloyd Lewis House, 1952 Glore House | www.harding.com | LinkedIn

SDR

Post by SDR »

Bizarre. Looks like you're the only victim of the full-blown disease; a few of us have a minor version of it ?

So it's a combination of factors, both at your end and at the Wright Chat end ?

My computer has been running slow, and I haven't decided what to do about it.