Donald Duncan House

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
rosalyndoe

Donald Duncan House

Post by rosalyndoe »

Need some clarification:

Heinz has the address as Johnstown, PA while Storer has it n Lisle, IL.

Is it still in Illionois? thanks

Forest

Post by Forest »

Rosalyn,

No, the house is neither in Lisle, IL or Johnstown, PA. The Johnstown plan did not work out. It is being reconstucted at Polymath Park in Acme, PA (near the Donegal exit on the PA Turnpike and fairly close to Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob). Their website does not yet indicate that the reconstruction is completed.

http://polymathpark.com/

rosalyndoe

duncan

Post by rosalyndoe »

Thanks for the info. Now I have to cut Lisle from my route. Why was the house move from Lisle? thanks

Forest

Post by Forest »

After Mr. Duncan's death the property was sold to a developer who planned to build three or four houses on the site. The house was sold to a man from Johnstown PA who disassembled and moved it with the intent of reconstruction in a local park. Plans fell through regarding the site and the house was sold to the owner of Polymath Park. Reconstruction began in 2006, though I'm not sure of the current status.

Rupe33

Donald Duncan House in PA - Polymath Park opens May 2007

Post by Rupe33 »

Stumbled onto this site while seeking info about Polymath Park, having seen a billboard for it while out at Fallingwater this past weekend. Looks like the Donald Duncan house has ended up in PA after all... check out their website at polymathpark DOT com (cannot send a link on my first posting here)

The billboard said "Opening May 2007."

Cheers,

Rupe