Heaven can be found on Earth- T West 1946

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
peterm

Heaven can be found on Earth- T West 1946

Post by peterm »

Taliesin West 1946

If this has been shared already, please let me know. It’s new to me. Mark Knopfler’s Celtic piece sets an unlikely mood for the desert location, but somehow, it works.

Is it true that many of the images are reversed?

https://youtu.be/4w6pDPgNgPk

Rood

Re: Heaven can be found on Earth- T West 1946

Post by Rood »

:I dare say most every photo is reversed ... it's like seeing everything underwater.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Nice to see Mr Wright---and a useful document for the chronology of the place. A reversed film image is even rarer than a flopped photo, isn't it ? I suppose the film was wound inside out onto a reel at some point . . .

S
"As a former copy editor, I always feel I am defending the person whose name is being misspelled, not attacking the person who misspells it." Ronald Alan McCrea (1943-2019)

peterm

Post by peterm »

It’s easy to flip a photo digitally. Can that be done with film?

SDR

Post by SDR »

Probably. One wonders what we are seeing in that video: at what point, and how, was the original film stock or its negative (?) transferred to a digital file ? I doubt that a video camera was erected before a screen onto which the original film was projected---but that is probably how I'd have to do it.

8-mm and 16-mm movie film has sprocket holes on both edges, so there is nothing to prevent that film from being run through a projector "wrong-side out," as far as I can see. The sound track runs along only one edge of the film, so the showing of a movie with sound would be a silent one if the film had been reversed.

S
"As a former copy editor, I always feel I am defending the person whose name is being misspelled, not attacking the person who misspells it." Ronald Alan McCrea (1943-2019)

owenCollins

Post by owenCollins »

It isn't that hard to flip the video horizontally. I can do that and re-upload it if people are interested.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Well that would be very useful: among other things it would enable those interested to compare the two views of each scene and image, assessing (among other things) which feels more . . . right. An educational exercise, for designers and others ?

S

peterm

Post by peterm »

Owen- if you wouldn’t mind, I would love to see the corrected version.