Berndtson's Fineman house "Before and After"

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
DRN

Berndtson's Fineman house "Before and After"

Post by DRN »

Before:

https://nextpittsburgh.com/current-feat ... _Society_8

After:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4742 ... 5268_zpid/

While I'm happy that this house is continuing its life as a small modernist house, the alterations have a 21st century Dwell magazine feel that is at odds with the otherwise original Wrightian Usonian grammar that remains.

SDR

Re: Berndtson's Fineman house "Before and After"

Post by SDR »

Well, it's worse than that, surely ? White-painted woodwork; brick in the bath painted without even filling the voids first ? Yes, the house stands . . . and the paint could be stripped, painfully. Nasty desecration of a structure worthy of much more . . .

S
"As a former copy editor, I always feel I am defending the person whose name is being misspelled, not attacking the person who misspells it." Ronald Alan McCrea (1943-2019)

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Yoiks!

Craig

Post by Craig »

Simply hideous. Basin sinks! White subway tile! Added molding! Rolling barn doors! Grey interiors!What trendy and not-so-trendy-anymore
cliché haven't they hit?
ch

SREcklund

Post by SREcklund »

Frankly, I'd rather they'd bulldozed it. At least that's a worthy demise ...
Docent, Hollyhock House - Hollywood, CA
Humble student of the Master

"Youth is a circumstance you can't do anything about. The trick is to grow up without getting old." - Frank Lloyd Wright