Floor Plans for Lloyd's Taggart?

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Robert

Floor Plans for Lloyd's Taggart?

Post by Robert »

Shot in the dark, but does anyone have, or know where to find, floor plans for Lloyd's Taggart House?

I have the Weintraub book and it doesn't have them and there's nothing on the 'net. This seems to be some well-kept secret.

I have a collection of about 60 exterior and interior pictures, collected over a number of years, which help me to visualize about two-thirds of the layout, but not all of it.
I'm always looking for more pictures as well, especially interiors, in case someone has any that have never been posted anywhere.
Robert

SDR

Re: Floor Plans for Lloyd's Taggart?

Post by SDR »

Hmm. Well, that points up the need for a second and more inclusive monograph, one with plans, elevations, sections, and whatever else Lloyd might have left for us?

S

Reidy

Post by Reidy »

His archives are in the UCLA Library Special Collections.

Matt2

Post by Matt2 »

I looked at some of his drawings at UCLA years go. What a great artist. I assume he did his own presentation drawings.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Eric had a lot of his father's work in a shack at the Malibu compound, which went up in flames in a fire in the 90s. I don't know what it included, but most likely treasures.

SDR

Post by SDR »

The presentation drawings are a treasure all by themselves. Lloyd perfected what I assume is a gouache technique for his renderings, which are remarkable for their colorful and romantic depiction of the buildings in a natural environment. The architect/landscape designer seeks a totality of environment in his work ?

http://wrightchat.savewright.org/viewto ... f=2&t=5554

S

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Lloyd's drawings of A. D. German and the Glencoe Bridge are two magnificent works of art. I hope neither was in Eric's shed.

SDR

Post by SDR »

As they've been published in the references we have that were illustrated with material from the Wright archive, I suspect those drawings are now at the Avery.

Some more of Lloyd's work:

Image 1928

Image 1929

Image 1933

Image 1946

Image 1949

Image 1949

Image 1950

Image 1950

Image 1953

Image 1956

Image 1958

Image 1963

Image 1963

Image 1974

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Lloyd's drawings of his own work differ from those done for his father's work. I wonder what the elder Wright thought of Lloyd's drawings?