Edward Serlin house - NY

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
SDR

Re: Edward Serlin house - NY

Post by SDR »

Thank you, Mr Baker. Could you translate "a 1905 models stucco" for me ?

2 pages © 1993 by William Allin Storrer

FrankJBaker

Post by FrankJBaker »

A recent restoration photo showed the Baker house under rehabilitation and mentioned a 1905 stucco sample from a similar wright design. I assert that the Baker house is unlike other stucco, this per Gunny Harboe, Chicago-Wright expert rehabilitative architect whom refinished the Robie house. Also, Barbara is the director of the Conservancy.

FrankJBaker

Post by FrankJBaker »

*unlike other Wright stuccos. Also Ms. Gordon's position is a non sequitur as she is well known. My redundancy. Further, the Baker house is Wrights last ode to the family structure or familial "church" as he was on his way with Mamah away from their families to Europe in 1909.

FrankJBaker

Post by FrankJBaker »

I am the guy who got the lawyer who snagged the home from one of Wright's apprentices in 2014, to sell. It was mouldering and the 2 story living room collapsing.

SDR

Post by SDR »

I'm glad the house was saved. And I like the use of "church" in connection with these designs---the ones appearing (or mentioned) together in this thread:

http://wrightchat.savewright.org/viewto ... f=2&t=9724

S

SDR

Post by SDR »

I'm glad the house was saved. And I like the use of "church" in connection with these designs---the ones appearing (or mentioned) together in this thread:

http://wrightchat.savewright.org/viewto ... f=2&t=9724

S

juankbedoya

Post by juankbedoya »

SDR wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:42 am
Thank you, Mr Baker. Could you translate "a 1905 models stucco" for me ?

2 pages © 1993 by William Allin Storrer
OMG...!! What did I miss? we were talking about Serlin and finish with Baker..!!

SDR

Post by SDR »

Heh. At the bottom of the previous page, a Frank Baker took a hard left (or right) turn, from Serlin to the Baker house.

I can't say why---but we go where the wind blows, here at Wright Chat . . .!

S